2003-05-13 16:24:50

by Bryan O'Sullivan

Subject: USB mouse freezes under X - 2.5.69 and 2.5.69-mm*

Hi, Greg -

I just booted into vanilla 2.5.69, and confirmed that my mouse still
freezes under X. I have something vaguely like a reproduction recipe:
drag a window around vigorously on the screen for a bit, and the mouse
will seize up.

I've attached the usual files, in case they're useful to you in figuring
out what might be wrong. My userspace is Red Hat 9, barely modified.

<b

Attachments:
lsusb.out (7.99 kB)
lspci.out (943.00 B)
proc-interrupts.out (521.00 B)
lsmod.out (1.01 kB)

by Greg KH

Subject: Re: USB mouse freezes under X - 2.5.69 and 2.5.69-mm*

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 09:37:23AM -0700, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> Hi, Greg -
>
> I just booted into vanilla 2.5.69, and confirmed that my mouse still
> freezes under X. I have something vaguely like a reproduction recipe:
> drag a window around vigorously on the screen for a bit, and the mouse
> will seize up.
>
> I've attached the usual files, in case they're useful to you in figuring
> out what might be wrong. My userspace is Red Hat 9, barely modified.

Hm, I don't know what to say. It works here for me :)

Anyway, try enabling USB_DEBUG and see if anything interesting happens
in the logs when the mouse dies.

Also, can you create a bug entry in bugzilla.kernel.org for this, so I
can assign it to the USB mouse author/maintainer? :)

And no, this isn't a "hold 2.6 issue" by any means. Lots of odd
driver/device interactions never get figured out, especially for cheap
USB hardware...

thanks,

greg k-h