2003-06-18 00:32:58

by Robert Love

Subject: [patch] updated preemptive kernel for 2.4.21

I put an updated preempt-kernel patch up at:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rml/preempt-kernel/v2.4/

The patch is a rediff to 2.4.21, but also contains a number of fixes for
preempt-unsafe code -- both longstanding issues and new problems arising
from the 2.4.21 development cycle. Thanks to Joe Korty and various folks
at MontaVista for a lot of the fixes.

Please give it a whirl. Or, even better, switch to 2.5

Enjoy,

Robert Love

2003-06-22 00:04:59

by Tabris

Subject: Re: [patch] updated preemptive kernel for 2.4.21

> I put an updated preempt-kernel patch up at:
>
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rml/preempt-kernel/v2.4/
>
> The patch is a rediff to 2.4.21, but also contains a number of fixes
> for preempt-unsafe code -- both longstanding issues and new problems
> arising from the 2.4.21 development cycle. Thanks to Joe Korty and
> various folks at MontaVista for a lot of the fixes.
>
> Please give it a whirl. Or, even better, switch to 2.5
>
> Enjoy,
>
> Robert Love

May we look forward to a 2.4.21-ac patch?
--
tabris
-

2003-06-22 00:07:13

by Robert Love

On Sat, 2003-06-21 at 17:18, Tabris wrote:

> May we look forward to a 2.4.21-ac patch?

Probably not.

I mean, I can easily be a patch monkey and just rediff the thing, but I
need to understand it and test it and run it. And I only have so many
machines, and finding one for mainstream 2.4 was chore enough.

I think it is time everyone gives 2.5 a whirl..

Robert Love