2003-07-14 14:11:24

by Martin Zwickel

Subject: 2.6.0-test1 + nvidia 4363 driver

Hi there!

Anybody got a working patch for nvidia 4363 to let it work with the 2.6.0-test1
kernel?
The 2.5 nvidia patch doesn't work for the 2.6 kernel.

Regards,
Martin

--
MyExcuse:
Mail server hit by UniSpammer.

Martin Zwickel <[email protected]>
Research & Development

TechnoTrend AG <http://www.technotrend.de>

Attachments:
(No filename) (332.00 B)
00000008.mimetmp (190.00 B)
(No filename) (189.00 B)

by Ian Hastie

Subject: Re: 2.6.0-test1 + nvidia 4363 driver

On Monday 14 Jul 2003 15:20, Martin Zwickel wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Anybody got a working patch for nvidia 4363 to let it work with the
> 2.6.0-test1 kernel?
> The 2.5 nvidia patch doesn't work for the 2.6 kernel.

Just a quick hack to the official unofficial patch! It's working OK for me
right now. You'll need to apply the 2.5 patch then this one afterwards.

--
Ian.

Attachments:
(No filename) (374.00 B)
NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-4363-2.5-2.6.diff (3.73 kB)

by Anich Gregor

Subject: Re: Re: 2.6.0-test1 + nvidia 4363 driver

> On Monday 14 Jul 2003 15:20, Martin Zwickel wrote:
> > Hi there!
> >
> > Anybody got a working patch for nvidia 4363 to let it work with the
> > 2.6.0-test1 kernel?
> > The 2.5 nvidia patch doesn't work for the 2.6 kernel.
>
> Just a quick hack to the official unofficial patch! It's working OK for me
> right now. You'll need to apply the 2.5 patch then this one afterwards.
>
> --
>
> Ian.

Hi!

Seems like some people have problems applying your patch.
I have put up a small howto how to compile the NVIDIA_kernel
with linux-2.6 at http://deltaanime.ath.cx/~blight/nvidia_kernel_with_2.6.html
The only thing what breaks it is that the version is no longer below 2, 6, 0
which the 2.5 patch uses to check wether it's 2.5 or not ;)

hope this helps some poeple,
Gregor

2003-07-14 20:28:54

by Ian Hastie

On Monday 14 Jul 2003 20:34, Anich Gregor wrote:

> > Just a quick hack to the official unofficial patch! It's working OK for
> > me right now. You'll need to apply the 2.5 patch then this one
> > afterwards.
>
> Seems like some people have problems applying your patch.

Strange you should say that as yours is the only reply I've seen. Is there
somewhere else that someone is saying they're having problems?

> I have put up a small howto how to compile the NVIDIA_kernel
> with linux-2.6 at
> http://deltaanime.ath.cx/~blight/nvidia_kernel_with_2.6.html The only thing
> what breaks it is that the version is no longer below 2, 6, 0 which the 2.5
> patch uses to check wether it's 2.5 or not ;)

Yes, I know that works, but I felt like extending the definitions instead of
making it treat 2.5 and 2.6 as if they're identical. OK, they probably will
be now, but I've never likes taking things for granted.

--
Ian.

2003-07-16 17:26:37

by Joshua Schmidlkofer

http://www.minion.de posted updated patches. They work pretty find for
me.

js

On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 07:20, Martin Zwickel wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Anybody got a working patch for nvidia 4363 to let it work with the 2.6.0-test1
> kernel?
> The 2.5 nvidia patch doesn't work for the 2.6 kernel.
>
> Regards,
> Martin

2003-07-16 22:35:09

by Fernando Sanchez

hello Joshua,
is there any mirror for the patch? I can't get to the site you pointed.
Thanks,

Fernando

Joshua Schmidlkofer wrote:
> http://www.minion.de posted updated patches. They work pretty find for
> me.
>

> js
>

> On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 07:20, Martin Zwickel wrote:
>
>>Hi there!
>>
>>Anybody got a working patch for nvidia 4363 to let it work with the 2.6.0-test1
>>kernel?
>>The 2.5 nvidia patch doesn't work for the 2.6 kernel.
>>
>>Regards,
>>Martin
>

> -

Fernando Sanchez
Dpto. Sistemas USFQ

2003-07-17 00:17:09

by oford

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 17:41, Fernando Sanchez wrote:
> hello Joshua,
> is there any mirror for the patch? I can't get to the site you pointed.
> Thanks,
>
> Fernando
>
> Joshua Schmidlkofer wrote:
> > http://www.minion.de posted updated patches. They work pretty find for
> > me.

Several gentoo folks were having trouble reaching that site as well.

So here is a mirror:

http://www.arghblech.com/NVIDIA_FreeBSD-1.0-3203-5.0.diff

--
Owen Ford <[email protected]>

Attachments:
signature.asc (189.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part

2003-07-17 00:24:04

by oford

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 19:31, oford wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 17:41, Fernando Sanchez wrote:
> > hello Joshua,
> > is there any mirror for the patch? I can't get to the site you pointed.
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Fernando
> >
> > Joshua Schmidlkofer wrote:
> > > http://www.minion.de posted updated patches. They work pretty find for
> > > me.
>
> Several gentoo folks were having trouble reaching that site as well.
>
> So here is a mirror:
>
> http://www.arghblech.com/NVIDIA_FreeBSD-1.0-3203-5.0.diff

And I'll include the correct link for free this time! *sigh*

http://www.arghblech.com/NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-4363-2.5.diff

--
Owen Ford <[email protected]>

Attachments:
signature.asc (189.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part

2003-07-17 00:33:38

by Fernando Sanchez

oford wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 19:31, oford wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 17:41, Fernando Sanchez wrote:
>>
>>>hello Joshua,
>>>is there any mirror for the patch? I can't get to the site you pointed.
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>Fernando

>>Several gentoo folks were having trouble reaching that site as well.
>>
>>So here is a mirror:
>>
>>http://www.arghblech.com/NVIDIA_FreeBSD-1.0-3203-5.0.diff
>

> And I'll include the correct link for free this time! *sigh*

I'm glad the first time is for free :-)

> http://www.arghblech.com/NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-4363-2.5.diff

--

Fernando Sanchez
Dpto. Sistemas USFQ

2003-07-17 07:46:54

by Martin Schlemmer

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 02:31, oford wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 17:41, Fernando Sanchez wrote:
> > hello Joshua,
> > is there any mirror for the patch? I can't get to the site you pointed.
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Fernando
> >
> > Joshua Schmidlkofer wrote:
> > > http://www.minion.de posted updated patches. They work pretty find for
> > > me.
>
> Several gentoo folks were having trouble reaching that site as well.
>
> So here is a mirror:
>
> http://www.arghblech.com/NVIDIA_FreeBSD-1.0-3203-5.0.diff

Ok, but why do the Gentoo folk hassle ? I already updated
nvidia-kernel-1.0.4363-r3 to work fine with 2.6.0-test1 on
the 14th ...

Martin Schlemmer