2003-07-14 13:04:04

by Felipe Alfaro Solana

Subject: 2.6.0-test1: irq18 nobody cared! on Intel D865PERL motherboard

Hi,

I'm having problems with an Intel D865PERL motherboard and Serial ATA support. Everytime I boot my RHL9 box using 2.6.0-test1, I get an "irq18 nobody cared!" error and then "Disabling IRQ #18". Any attempt to access any of the SATA controllers makes the system hang and spitting out problems with timings on the "hde" interface.

I have tried compiling without ACPI, APIC and SMP, but the result is nearly the same. Attached to this message are the output of "lspci -vvv", a "dmesg" and the "config" used to compile the kernel.

Any ideas? Should I report this to IDE mantainers?
Thanks!
http://www.linuxmail.org/