2003-08-12 06:13:45

by Nagendra Singh Tomar

Subject: modprobe: QM_MODULES: Function not implemented ??

I am trying to load a module in 2.6.0-test2 downloaded from kernel.org
I am getting the above error. Probably this means the kernel does not
support query_module() interface, but why ?? With 2.4.18 things were
absolutely fine. Is it a deprecated interface.
Any help is welcome.

Thanx
tomar

2003-08-12 06:27:54

by Otto Solares

Subject: Re: modprobe: QM_MODULES: Function not implemented ??

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 11:40:21PM +0530, Nagendra Singh Tomar wrote:
> I am trying to load a module in 2.6.0-test2 downloaded from kernel.org
> I am getting the above error. Probably this means the kernel does not
> support query_module() interface, but why ?? With 2.4.18 things were
> absolutely fine. Is it a deprecated interface.
> Any help is welcome.

you need module-init-tools package, google for it, or
`apt-get install module-init-tools` if in debian sid.

-solca

2003-08-12 07:46:04

by Christian Reichert

Hi!

Search the archives, this has been explained too often ...

Cheers,
Chris

Zitat von Nagendra Singh Tomar <[email protected]>:

> I am trying to load a module in 2.6.0-test2 downloaded from kernel.org
> I am getting the above error. Probably this means the kernel does not
> support query_module() interface, but why ?? With 2.4.18 things were
> absolutely fine. Is it a deprecated interface.
> Any help is welcome.
>
> Thanx
> tomar
>
> -

by Valdis Klētnieks

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:45:55 +0200, Christian Reichert said:

> Search the archives, this has been explained too often ...

Anybody for adding a temporary patch, to come out in 2.6.2 or so once the dust
settles, that does something like this just before launching userspace:

printk("\n");
printk("Read http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/post-halloween-2.5.txt\n");
#ifdef CONFIG_MODULES
printk("\n");
printk("In particular, if you haven't gotten module-init-tools, you're screwed\n");
#endif
mdelay(5000);

Just a thought... ;)

Attachments: