2003-11-11 22:24:58

by Max Valdez

Subject: Scrollball not working on 2.6.0-test*-mm* and system refrains to do "su" or "sudo"

hi all

I searched for this issue, but didnt found anything relevant

I have a logitech with scrollball that works perfectly with XFree 3.4,
and any 2.4* kernel, but the scrollball is not working on
2.6.0-test*-mm*

I have a problem with nvidia propietary module, but i dont care, XFree
is working with the "nv" modules, no accel needed right now, but I do
care about my mouse, because it's the control of my sound system, and I
have to move my hand a lot if i need to scroll slashdot articles !

And what is worst, my box is stoping to be able to do a su, or sudo
operation, after some of minutes of boot (<15).

im usign
- gcc version 3.3.2 20031022 (Gentoo Linux 3.3.2-r2, propolice)
- libc-2.3.2

here is my config and XF86Config, lsmod, and dmesg

Any hints apreciated !
Max
--
Nunca ! Jamas !