2003-11-25 01:15:27

by Albert Cahalan

Subject: kernel BUG at raid5.c:337!

Got a picture of a crash on a kiosk or something, as
a Linux example in Slashdot's public BSOD sightings...

http://w3.physics.uiuc.edu/~menscher/tekram1.jpg

So... unknown kernel version, but there's a
line number that ought to narrow things down.

Can anybody help this guy? :-)

2003-11-25 02:05:43

by NeilBrown

Subject: Re: kernel BUG at raid5.c:337!

On November 24, [email protected] wrote:
> Got a picture of a crash on a kiosk or something, as
> a Linux example in Slashdot's public BSOD sightings...
>
> http://w3.physics.uiuc.edu/~menscher/tekram1.jpg
>
> So... unknown kernel version, but there's a
> line number that ought to narrow things down.
>
> Can anybody help this guy? :-)

Well, given that it could be any release, pre-release, vendor, or
local-patched kernel since 2.2.something, even if you found one with a
BUG at raid5.c:337 you couldn't be sure that you had found the right
one, the only suggestion that I would have, assuming the owner of the
machine wanted a suggestion, is "Upgrade to a current kernel".

NeilBrown