2003-11-25 10:15:34

by Mr. Mailing List

Subject: palm pilot broken in test 10

visor ttyUSB2: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter
now disconnected from ttyUSB2
visor ttyUSB3: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter
now disconnected from ttyUSB3
usbserial 4-2:1.0: device disconnected

worked several versions ago, then was broken, then
fixed, and has been broken the last several versions.

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/

2003-11-25 17:34:46

by Dax Kelson

Subject: Re: palm pilot broken in test 10

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 03:15, Mr. Mailing List wrote:
> visor ttyUSB2: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter
> now disconnected from ttyUSB2
> visor ttyUSB3: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter
> now disconnected from ttyUSB3
> usbserial 4-2:1.0: device disconnected
>

> worked several versions ago, then was broken, then
> fixed, and has been broken the last several versions.

I can confirm that there is a problem in test10. I have a Treo600 and
plugging it in (and/or pressing the hotsync button) results in no
autoloading of the visor module. If I manually modprobe the visor
module, then when I connect/disconnect and/or press hotsync there is no
activity viewable via "dmesg".

Greg, how can I troubleshoot this better for you?

Dax Kelson
Guru Labs