2003-11-27 19:02:41

by Henrik Persson

Subject: Acer Aspire 1353LC weirdness

Hi there!

I'm currently fooling around with a friends laptop, a Acer Aspire
1353LC, trying to get a wireless NIC working (it's a D-Link DWL-G650
btw).

The Cardbus has never been used before so that was the first thing I
compiled in and guess what.. The kernel will freeze if not directly
after init has kicked in, well it won't survive for many minutes.

After trying 2.6.0-test10 with the same result (first tried 2.4.22) I
tried to boot with acpi=off and then it didn't freeze. At least not
until I inserted the NIC. Then the damn thing totally froze.

Any ideas?

Attached is .config for the kernels, cpuinfo and lspci -v output.

Thanks.

--
Henrik Persson <[email protected]>

Attachments: