2004-03-01 22:21:48

by Matthias Urlichs

Subject: Re: dm-crypt using kthread (was: Oopsing cryptoapi (or loop device?) on 2.6.*)

Hi, Christophe Saout wrote:

> I posted a small description some time ago:

Thanks.

How do I specify the encryption algorithm's bit size? AES can use 128,
196, or 256 bits. Gues who didn't use the default (128) when creating the
file system on his keychain's USB thing :-/

--
Matthias Urlichs

2004-03-01 22:51:49

by Christophe Saout

Am Mo, den 01.03.2004 schrieb Matthias Urlichs um 23:18:

> > I posted a small description some time ago:
>
> Thanks.
>
> How do I specify the encryption algorithm's bit size? AES can use 128,
> 196, or 256 bits. Gues who didn't use the default (128) when creating the
> file system on his keychain's USB thing :-/

Simply specify a key that is 192 bits long (24 bytes or 48 hex digits).

2004-03-01 23:24:59

by Matthias Urlichs

Hi,

Christophe Saout:
> Matthias Urlichs:
> > How do I specify the encryption algorithm's bit size? AES can use 128,
> > 196, or 256 bits. Gues who didn't use the default (128) when creating the
> > file system on his keychain's USB thing :-/
>
> Simply specify a key that is 192 bits long (24 bytes or 48 hex digits).

In other words, that's the job of the front-end program which reads the
key from <wherever>.

If/when updating the documentation, please add a pointer to a frontend
program that can emulate losetup <encryption> <bits> -- assuming one
has been written..?

--
Matthias Urlichs