2004-03-07 12:00:45

by Andi Kleen

Subject: Re: 2.4.23aa2 (bugfixes and important VM improvements for the high end)

Peter Zaitsev <[email protected]> writes:

> Rather than changing design how time is computed I think we would better
> to go to better accuracy - nowadays 1 second is far too raw.

Just call gettimeofday(). In near all kernels time internally does that
anyways.

-Andi

2004-03-18 19:52:41

by Peter Zaitsev

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 13:15, Andi Kleen wrote:
> Peter Zaitsev <[email protected]> writes:
> >
> > Rather than changing design how time is computed I think we would better
> > to go to better accuracy - nowadays 1 second is far too raw.
>
> Just call gettimeofday(). In near all kernels time internally does that
> anyways.

Right,

gettimeofday() was much slower some years ago on some other Unix
Platform, which is why time() was used instead.

Now we just need to fix a lot of places (datatypes, prints etc) to move
to gettimeofday()

--
Peter Zaitsev, Senior Support Engineer
MySQL AB, http://www.mysql.com

Meet the MySQL Team at User Conference 2004! (April 14-16, Orlando,FL)
http://www.mysql.com/uc2004/