2004-03-23 16:19:13

by Patrick Burke

Subject: To all

Patrick Burke with Navistaff. I am currently looking for hardcore Unix
networking developers for a top NYC area ibank. Know anyone who might be
interested?

A top financial firm in the NYC area is currently looking to for elite unix
network programmers to join their equities trading group.

Requirements:
*Guru-level unix programming--must be able to get through the toughest of
technical examinations
*Must have outstanding network programming skills, NFS, multicast, socket
options, RFCs
*Must be comfortable with emacs/vi, the GNU toolchain, CVS, make
*Must possess a low-level understanding of IPC and multi-threading
*Must possess outstanding distributed computing experience, financial
protocol development (CMS, FIX), database development, and kernal
development.

Please send resumes to [email protected], or call Patrick Burke at Navistaff
for further details. 908.273.6960 ext. 102

For our complete job listing, go to http://www.BullMarketIT.com

2004-03-23 16:52:05

by Richard B. Johnson

Subject: Re: To all

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Patrick Burke wrote:

> Patrick Burke with Navistaff. I am currently looking for hardcore Unix
> networking developers for a top NYC area ibank. Know anyone who might be
> interested?

[SNIPPED...]

I tried to patch the kernel with this, but all I got was syntax
errors when I compiled.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.4.24 on an i686 machine (797.90 BogoMips).

by Felipe Alfaro Solana

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 17:54, Richard B. Johnson wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Patrick Burke wrote:
>
> > Patrick Burke with Navistaff. I am currently looking for hardcore Unix
> > networking developers for a top NYC area ibank. Know anyone who might be
> > interested?
>
> [SNIPPED...]
>
> I tried to patch the kernel with this, but all I got was syntax
> errors when I compiled.

LOL. It's good to see there is some sense of humor left here :-)