2004-04-02 16:14:33

by Yann Dirson

Subject: Re: Hot kernel change

Jim Richardson wrote:
>MkLinux was available for x86, but I have no idea if it is still in
>development. To be clear, it doesn't allow you to simply replace a
>kernel, but to add a second one, and possibly, to start transferring
>over tasks to it.

Aside from mklinux, there is the L4Linux option, based on a more modern
microkernel than Mach, and supporting x86.

See http://www.l4ka.org/projects/l4linux/

--
Yann Dirson <[email protected]> | Why make M$-Bill richer & richer ?
Debian-related: <[email protected]> | Support Debian GNU/Linux:

2004-04-02 16:48:04

by Steven Cole

On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 09:16, Yann Dirson wrote:
> Jim Richardson wrote:
> >MkLinux was available for x86, but I have no idea if it is still in
> >development. To be clear, it doesn't allow you to simply replace a
> >kernel, but to add a second one, and possibly, to start transferring
> >over tasks to it.
>
> Aside from mklinux, there is the L4Linux option, based on a more modern
> microkernel than Mach, and supporting x86.
>
> See http://www.l4ka.org/projects/l4linux/

For folks interested in developing/testing various fast boot or possible
future kernel hot swap projects, there is a mailing list here: