2004-04-05 20:31:13

by equi-NoX

Subject: reiserfs errors with 2.6.5-rc1-mm2

I have seen in my Gentoo's syslogs many errors about reiserfs, however I
discovered those ones few time ago (there are 3 or 4 hours). So, even if
those releases of the linux kernel are quite old now, I wanted to share
those with you.

I was intalling Gentoo in this first syslog, chrooted from Debian SID
(aerith), moreover you can see at the end of that syslog that I ran
Gentoo (ender) next.

I was probably running emerge system in that first syslog but I am not
sure (because that was 15 days ago ;)).

That's my first syslog with reiserfs errors, I have many others after
this one (which are not on a 2.6.5-rc1-mm2 kernel and which are not
chrooted from Debian SID but where I was running Gentoo)

equi-NoX
--
hoping helping

Attachments:
signature.asc (189.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part

2004-04-06 00:11:03

by Chris Mason

Subject: Re: reiserfs errors with 2.6.5-rc1-mm2

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 16:31, equi-NoX wrote:
> I have seen in my Gentoo's syslogs many errors about reiserfs, however I
> discovered those ones few time ago (there are 3 or 4 hours). So, even if
> those releases of the linux kernel are quite old now, I wanted to share
> those with you.
>
> I was intalling Gentoo in this first syslog, chrooted from Debian SID
> (aerith), moreover you can see at the end of that syslog that I ran
> Gentoo (ender) next.
>
> I was probably running emerge system in that first syslog but I am not
> sure (because that was 15 days ago ;)).
>
> That's my first syslog with reiserfs errors, I have many others after
> this one (which are not on a 2.6.5-rc1-mm2 kernel and which are not
> chrooted from Debian SID but where I was running Gentoo)

Could you please send along the reiserfs error messages?

-chris

2004-04-06 05:11:56

by equi-NoX

oops excuse me :/

This is one, I can send you others whether you want.

equi-NoX

--
hoping helping

Attachments:
bug-2.6.5-rc1-mm2 (32.35 kB)

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 01:11, equi-NoX wrote:
> oops excuse me :/
>
> This is one, I can send you others whether you want.

Ok, you need to grab the latest reiserfsprogs from ftp.namesys.com and
run reiserfsck.

It's really strange that you've got so many messages about freeing a
block that is already free for the same two block numbers. Please send
along the results of the reiserfsck when you're done.

-chris

2004-04-06 15:33:12

by equi-NoX

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 12:32, Chris Mason wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 01:11, equi-NoX wrote:
> > oops excuse me :/
> >
> > This is one, I can send you others whether you want.
>
> Ok, you need to grab the latest reiserfsprogs from ftp.namesys.com and
> run reiserfsck.
>
> It's really strange that you've got so many messages about freeing a
> block that is already free for the same two block numbers. Please send
> along the results of the reiserfsck when you're done.
>
> -chris

but I have already done that ;)

I ran fsck.reiserfs on 04/01, first I ran
fsck.reiserfs /dev/hdb1
then
fsck.reiserfs --fix-fixable /dev/hdb1

but it said me I had to rebuild tree to fix the errors, so I ran
fsck.reiserfs --rebuild-tree /dev/hdb1

And that's ok now

I discovered those reiserfs errors because I was not able to modify some
datas on my /home (which is /dev/hdb1)

I have other logs with reiserfs errors if you want.
Moreover those errors *disappeared* since I use non-mm 2.6.5-rc3 kernel

equi-NoX