2004-10-22 12:13:59

by Markus Trippelsdorf

Subject: BT848 video support dropped in 2.6.9?

The "BT848 video for linux" item does not show up
with menuconfig in the "Video for linux" category.
It was there in all previous kernels that I've used.
Am I missing something obvious?

2004-10-22 12:20:00

by Con Kolivas

Subject: Re: BT848 video support dropped in 2.6.9?

Markus Trippelsdorf wrote:
> The "BT848 video for linux" item does not show up
> with menuconfig in the "Video for linux" category.
> It was there in all previous kernels that I've used.
> Am I missing something obvious?

config VIDEO_BT848
depends on VIDEO_DEV && PCI && I2C && FW_LOADER

Therefore you need those options or else you wont even be allowed to try
to turn the option on.

Cheers,
Con

Attachments:
signature.asc (256.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2004-10-22 13:36:48

by Gene Heskett

On Friday 22 October 2004 08:13, Markus Trippelsdorf wrote:
>The "BT848 video for linux" item does not show up
>with menuconfig in the "Video for linux" category.
>It was there in all previous kernels that I've used.
>Am I missing something obvious?

You might try using 'make xconfig' as it is there in mine, currently
set to build as a module and works quit well.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

by Markus Trippelsdorf

On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 22:19 +1000, Con Kolivas wrote:
> Markus Trippelsdorf wrote:
> > The "BT848 video for linux" item does not show up
> > with menuconfig in the "Video for linux" category.
> > It was there in all previous kernels that I've used.
> > Am I missing something obvious?
>
> config VIDEO_BT848
> depends on VIDEO_DEV && PCI && I2C && FW_LOADER
>
> Therefore you need those options or else you wont even be allowed to try
> to turn the option on.

Thanks Con.
The FW_LOADER option is new. In previous kernels the driver
depended on:
config VIDEO_BT848
tristate "BT848 Video For Linux"
depends on VIDEO_DEV && PCI && I2C && SOUND

I think the FW_LOADER dependency is there by mistake.
So I just edited the drivers/video/Kconfig file and replaced
FW_LOADER with SOUND. Everything is working as expected now.

Markus

2004-10-23 00:41:34

by Con Kolivas

Andrew Morton wrote:
> Con Kolivas <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Markus Trippelsdorf wrote:
>>
>>>The "BT848 video for linux" item does not show up
>>>with menuconfig in the "Video for linux" category.
>>>It was there in all previous kernels that I've used.
>>>Am I missing something obvious?
>>
>>config VIDEO_BT848
>> depends on VIDEO_DEV && PCI && I2C && FW_LOADER
>

> Or you can do `make menuconfig' then hit "/BT848". I love that feature!

Now _that_ is cool! I wish I had known about that a long time ago.

Cheers,
Con

Attachments:
signature.asc (256.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2004-10-23 01:07:14

by Andrew Morton

Con Kolivas <[email protected]> wrote:

> > Or you can do `make menuconfig' then hit "/BT848". I love that feature!
>
> Now _that_ is cool! I wish I had known about that a long time ago.

It was merged only four weeks ago..

2004-10-23 01:20:15

by Andrew Morton