2004-11-17 23:50:15

by Chris Mason

Subject: [CFT] reject merging program

Hello everyone,

I've been using Neil Brown's wiggle program for a while to merge
rejects, but it doesn't do quite what I need. I've written a
(hopefully) less complex program with a shorter feature list.

rej just tries to find the right place in the file for the reject hunks,
and then pops up a merge tool (vimdiff, kdiff3, tkdiff etc) so you can
review the differences and pick the correct lines in the file.

It does try to do line based merging, and frequently gets it right. Of
course, this doesn't relieve you from checking the results against the
reject, but should make merging easier.

The (very beta) first release is here:

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/mason/rej/rej-0.4.tar.gz

-chris