2005-01-06 19:51:10

by Bjorn Helgaas

Subject: Re: Problem with irqrouting and resume

On Sun, 2004-12-19 at 17:36 +0100, Martin Josefsson wrote:
> I have a small problem with newer kernels on my laptop, an IBM X31.
> The problem is that the e1000 interface doesn't work after I've resumed
> from suspend to disk. This used to work fine until recently, not sure
> which kernel broke it. suspend-to-ram still works.

Can you try these patches please:

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0501.0/0284.html
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0501.0/0548.html

I suspect that they will fix the problem; let me know either way.

Thanks very much for testing this and reporting the problem!

2005-01-06 20:18:14

by Martin Josefsson

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 12:47 -0700, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:

Hi Bjorn

> Can you try these patches please:
>
> http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0501.0/0284.html
> http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0501.0/0548.html
>
> I suspect that they will fix the problem; let me know either way.

I had in fact just rebooted with these patches when I got your mail.

And they do indeed fix the problem, 2.6-bk + these two patches suspends
and resumes fine and the e1000 interface works again after resume. I
tested without these patches as well and then it's the same as before,
only a few interrupts get through once in a while.

Thanks everyone.

--
/Martin

Attachments: