2007-08-13 19:07:49

by Joe Perches

Subject: Bad addresses in MAINTAINERS

After that unfortunately large patch-bomb
(apologies to all concerned), I received
these fatal user-unknown bounces.

Most of these bounces are for obsolete systems.

For the lists, I'll change them to:

[email protected]

But if anyone has a new email address and still wants
to be in the maintainers file, please send.

3C359 NETWORK DRIVER
OLYMPIC NETWORK DRIVER
TOKEN-RING NETWORK DRIVER
TMS380 TOKEN-RING NETWORK DRIVER
L: [email protected]

USB DIAMOND RIO500 DRIVER
P: Cesar Miquel
M: [email protected]

USB SERIAL EMPEG EMPEG-CAR MARK I/II DRIVER
P: Gary Brubaker
M: [email protected]

TMS380 TOKEN-RING NETWORK DRIVER
P: Adam Fritzler
M: [email protected]

TUN/TAP driver
L: [email protected]

STARFIRE/DURALAN NETWORK DRIVER
P: Ion Badulescu
M: [email protected]

SIS 5513 IDE CONTROLLER DRIVER
P: Lionel Bouton
M: [email protected]

MARVELL YUKON / SYSKONNECT DRIVER
P: Mirko Lindner
M: [email protected]
P: Ralph Roesler
M: [email protected]

LSILOGIC MPT FUSION DRIVERS (FC/SAS/SPI)
L: [email protected]

INOTIFY
P: John McCutchan
M: [email protected]

INTEL FRAMEBUFFER DRIVER (excluding 810 and 815)
P: Sylvain Meyer
M: [email protected]

IMS TWINTURBO FRAMEBUFFER DRIVER
P: Paul Mundt
M: [email protected]

IDE/ATAPI FLOPPY DRIVERS
P: Paul Bristow
M: [email protected]

AEDSP16 DRIVER
P: Riccardo Facchetti
M: [email protected]

HIGH-SPEED SCC DRIVER FOR AX.25
P: Klaus Kudielka
M: [email protected]

FRAME RELAY DLCI/FRAD (Sangoma drivers too)
P: Mike McLagan
M: [email protected]

FPU EMULATOR
P: Bill Metzenthen
M: [email protected]

DOUBLETALK DRIVER
P: James R. Van Zandt
M: [email protected]

BLACKFIN ARCHITECTURE
P: Aubrey Li
M: [email protected]
P: Jerry Zeng
M: [email protected]

9P FILE SYSTEM
P: Ron Minnich
M: [email protected]

A2232 SERIAL BOARD DRIVER
P: Enver Haase
M: [email protected]

ACPI FAN DRIVER
P: Konstantin A. Karasyov
M: [email protected]

PER-TASK DELAY ACCOUNTING
P: Shailabh Nagar
M: [email protected]

PREEMPTIBLE KERNEL
L: [email protected]

OLYMPIC NETWORK DRIVER
P: Peter De Shrijver
M: [email protected]

ZF MACHZ WATCHDOG
P: Fernando Fuganti
M: [email protected]

ZR36120 VIDEO FOR LINUX DRIVER
P: Pauline Middelink
M: [email protected]

2007-08-13 19:11:25

by Mike Frysinger

Subject: Re: Bad addresses in MAINTAINERS

On 8/13/07, Joe Perches <[email protected]> wrote:
> But if anyone has a new email address and still wants
> to be in the maintainers file, please send.
>
> BLACKFIN ARCHITECTURE
> P: Aubrey Li
> M: [email protected]
> P: Jerry Zeng
> M: [email protected]

we know these guys needed to be removed as they've recently left ADI,
we just havent pushed to mainline
-mike

2007-08-13 19:19:59

by Joe Perches

On Mon, 2007-08-13 at 15:10 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On 8/13/07, Joe Perches <[email protected]> wrote:
> > But if anyone has a new email address and still wants
> > to be in the maintainers file, please send.
> >
> > BLACKFIN ARCHITECTURE
> > P: Aubrey Li
> > M: [email protected]
> > P: Jerry Zeng
> > M: [email protected]
>
> we know these guys needed to be removed as they've recently left ADI,
> we just havent pushed to mainline

Maybe you can have a "[email protected]" list as maintainers?

2007-08-13 19:27:19

by Adrian Bunk

On Mon, Aug 13, 2007 at 12:07:04PM -0700, Joe Perches wrote:
> After that unfortunately large patch-bomb
> (apologies to all concerned), I received
> these fatal user-unknown bounces.
>
> Most of these bounces are for obsolete systems.
> MARVELL YUKON / SYSKONNECT DRIVER
> P: Mirko Lindner
> M: [email protected]
> P: Ralph Roesler
> M: [email protected]

Driver was removed.

> ACPI FAN DRIVER
> P: Konstantin A. Karasyov
> M: [email protected]

Len?

> ZR36120 VIDEO FOR LINUX DRIVER
> P: Pauline Middelink
> M: [email protected]

Driver was removed.

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

2007-08-13 19:42:41

by Joe Perches

On Mon, 2007-08-13 at 21:24 +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > MARVELL YUKON / SYSKONNECT DRIVER
> Driver was removed.

removed

> > ACPI FAN DRIVER
> > P: Konstantin A. Karasyov
> > M: [email protected]
> Len?

> > ZR36120 VIDEO FOR LINUX DRIVER
> Driver was removed.

removed

2007-08-13 19:58:29

by Mike Frysinger

On 8/13/07, Joe Perches <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-08-13 at 15:10 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On 8/13/07, Joe Perches <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > But if anyone has a new email address and still wants
> > > to be in the maintainers file, please send.
> > >
> > > BLACKFIN ARCHITECTURE
> > > P: Aubrey Li
> > > M: [email protected]
> > > P: Jerry Zeng
> > > M: [email protected]
> >
> > we know these guys needed to be removed as they've recently left ADI,
> > we just havent pushed to mainline
>
> Maybe you can have a "[email protected]" list as maintainers?

we have a mailing list already ... could just drop the general list of
people for Blackfin and keep specific e-mails for specific drivers
-mike

2007-08-13 20:27:45

by Antonino A. Daplas

On Mon, 2007-08-13 at 12:07 -0700, Joe Perches wrote:

> INTEL FRAMEBUFFER DRIVER (excluding 810 and 815)
> P: Sylvain Meyer
> M: [email protected]

Maybe Dave?

> IMS TWINTURBO FRAMEBUFFER DRIVER
> P: Paul Mundt
> M: [email protected]

That's not Paul's current email.

Tony

2007-08-13 20:51:24

by Alan

> 3C359 NETWORK DRIVER
> OLYMPIC NETWORK DRIVER
> TOKEN-RING NETWORK DRIVER
> TMS380 TOKEN-RING NETWORK DRIVER
> L: [email protected]

Probably linux-net

For the others be careful. My mail system is probably like many others
that decided you were an attack and some of them may well have bounced as
a result

2007-08-14 02:23:06

by Paul Mundt

On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 04:27:23AM +0800, Antonino A. Daplas wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-08-13 at 12:07 -0700, Joe Perches wrote:
> > IMS TWINTURBO FRAMEBUFFER DRIVER
> > P: Paul Mundt
> > M: [email protected]
>
> That's not Paul's current email.

I also haven't had one of these devices in years, though I never got
around to updating MAINTAINERS. Perhaps this should be orphaned?

2007-08-14 02:47:29

by Joe Perches

On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 11:21 +0900, Paul Mundt wrote:
> I also haven't had one of these devices in years, though I never got
> around to updating MAINTAINERS. Perhaps this should be orphaned?

IMS TWINTURBO FRAMEBUFFER DRIVER
L: [email protected] (subscribers-only)
S: Orphan
F: drivers/video/imsttfb.c

2007-08-14 03:50:38

by Robin Getz

On Mon 13 Aug 2007 15:56, Mike Frysinger pondered:
> On 8/13/07, Joe Perches <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > we know these guys needed to be removed as they've recently left ADI,
> > > we just havent pushed to mainline
> >
> > Maybe you can have a "[email protected]" list as maintainers?
>
> we have a mailing list already ... could just drop the general list of
> people for Blackfin and keep specific e-mails for specific drivers

There is a public mailing list - but it is closed - must be subscribed to post
(cuts down on spam), and I thought the requirement was to have these be open
lists?

2007-08-14 04:11:24

by Mike Frysinger

On 8/13/07, Robin Getz <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mon 13 Aug 2007 15:56, Mike Frysinger pondered:

> > > Maybe you can have a "[email protected]" list as maintainers?
> >
> > we have a mailing list already ... could just drop the general list of
> > people for Blackfin and keep specific e-mails for specific drivers
>
> There is a public mailing list - but it is closed - must be subscribed to post
> (cuts down on spam), and I thought the requirement was to have these be open
> lists?

many other people do the same ... just a subscriber list

but ours is more open -- we moderate e-mails, they dont get flat out rejected ;)
-mike

2007-08-14 04:14:58

by Bryan Wu

On Mon, 2007-08-13 at 23:54 -0400, Robin Getz wrote:
> On Mon 13 Aug 2007 15:56, Mike Frysinger pondered:

> > > Maybe you can have a "[email protected]" list as maintainers?
> >
> > we have a mailing list already ... could just drop the general list of
> > people for Blackfin and keep specific e-mails for specific drivers
>
> There is a public mailing list - but it is closed - must be subscribed to post
> (cuts down on spam), and I thought the requirement was to have these be open
> lists?

Yes, open a public mailing list is a good choice to replace the whole
team member list.

How about some driver code maintainers?

- Bryan

> -

by Joe Perches

On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 12:12 +0800, Bryan Wu wrote:
> Yes, open a public mailing list is a good choice to replace the whole
> team member list.
>
> How about some driver code maintainers?

Just let me know please.

cheers, Joe

2007-08-14 04:20:36

by Len Brown

> > ACPI FAN DRIVER
> > P: Konstantin A. Karasyov
> > M: [email protected]
>
> Len?

Konstantin is gone, so I guess this is effectively me
for the time-being.

P: Len Brown
M: [email protected]

thanks,
-Len

2007-08-14 04:58:41

by Mike Frysinger

On 8/14/07, Bryan Wu <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-08-13 at 23:54 -0400, Robin Getz wrote:

> > > we have a mailing list already ... could just drop the general list of
> > > people for Blackfin and keep specific e-mails for specific drivers
> >
> > There is a public mailing list - but it is closed - must be subscribed to post
> > (cuts down on spam), and I thought the requirement was to have these be open
> > lists?
>
> Yes, open a public mailing list is a good choice to replace the whole
> team member list.

[email protected] would not be an open public mailing list, it'd be
a private alias that only ADI people can subscribe to. what we have
now ([email protected]) is best i think:
[quickly] moderated for non-subscribers, open subscription, no spam.
-mike

2007-08-14 09:52:19

by Alan

> There is a public mailing list - but it is closed - must be subscribed to post
> (cuts down on spam), and I thought the requirement was to have these be open
> lists?

No, but the MAINTAINERS entry should indicate which lists are subscriber
only

2007-08-14 12:10:15

by Maciej W. Rozycki

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007, Joe Perches wrote:

> OLYMPIC NETWORK DRIVER
> P: Peter De Shrijver
> M: [email protected]

Peter should be reachable. Peter?

Maciej

2007-08-14 13:10:00

by Mike Frysinger

On 8/14/07, Alan Cox <[email protected]> wrote:
> > There is a public mailing list - but it is closed - must be subscribed to post
> > (cuts down on spam), and I thought the requirement was to have these be open
> > lists?
>
> No, but the MAINTAINERS entry should indicate which lists are subscriber
> only

it does already :)
L: [email protected] (subscribers-only)
-mike

2007-08-14 13:14:11

by Adrian Bunk

On Mon, Aug 13, 2007 at 07:46:53PM -0700, Joe Perches wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 11:21 +0900, Paul Mundt wrote:
> > I also haven't had one of these devices in years, though I never got
> > around to updating MAINTAINERS. Perhaps this should be orphaned?
>
> IMS TWINTURBO FRAMEBUFFER DRIVER
> L: [email protected] (subscribers-only)
> S: Orphan
> F: drivers/video/imsttfb.c

I don't see any value in such entries:

In several areas of the kernel drivers without a driver maintainer are
the common case, and e.g. in this case the susbsystem entry for
drivers/video/ should already cover it.

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.