2007-08-24 22:49:48

by Paul Albrecht

Subject: coldplug zd1211rw wireless driver results in firefox segfault

Hi,

I'm trying to use a hawking hwu54g with the zd1211rw driver in the
2.6.20 linux kernel. It works ok when I hotplug the device, but causes
firefox to segfault when I coldplug the device.

As I get the segfault whether or not I bring the device up, I'm
wondering if there's a problem with the usb subsystem initialization.

Any ideas? Please cc me because I don't usually subscribe to the lkml.

Paul Albrecht

2007-08-25 04:24:18

by Greg KH

On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 04:21:42PM -0400, Paul Albrecht wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use a hawking hwu54g with the zd1211rw driver in the
> 2.6.20 linux kernel. It works ok when I hotplug the device, but causes
> firefox to segfault when I coldplug the device.
>
> As I get the segfault whether or not I bring the device up, I'm
> wondering if there's a problem with the usb subsystem initialization.
>
> Any ideas? Please cc me because I don't usually subscribe to the lkml.

Can you try a newer kernel? That driver has gotten a lot of work in the
past 6 months.

thanks,

greg k-h

2007-08-27 16:22:48

by Paul Albrecht

On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 18:38 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 04:21:42PM -0400, Paul Albrecht wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to use a hawking hwu54g with the zd1211rw driver in the
> > 2.6.20 linux kernel. It works ok when I hotplug the device, but causes
> > firefox to segfault when I coldplug the device.
> >
> > As I get the segfault whether or not I bring the device up, I'm
> > wondering if there's a problem with the usb subsystem initialization.
> >
> > Any ideas? Please cc me because I don't usually subscribe to the lkml.
>
> Can you try a newer kernel? That driver has gotten a lot of work in the
> past 6 months.

Tried 2.6.21 and that worked. Thanks.

Paul Albrecht