2002-07-03 02:18:03

by Tony Lindgren

Subject: w83627hf fast serial port driver available

Hi all,

I just posted a driver that enables the high speed serial port modes
for the w83627 chip used on many motherboards, such as Tyan S2460.

To use the driver, you also need to use setserial after loading the
driver to enable the high speed mode.

Hopefully somebody someday will combine all the high speed serial
port drivers into some generic high speed serial port driver...

You can also download the driver from:

https://www.muru.com/linux/w83627hf/

Tony

Attachments:
(No filename) (467.00 B)
w83627hf-fast-serial.c (7.78 kB)

by Ed Vance

Subject: RE: w83627hf fast serial port driver available

On Tue, July 02, 2002 at 7:20 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:

> I just posted a driver that enables the high speed serial port
> modes for the w83627 chip used on many motherboards, such as
> Tyan S2460.
>
> To use the driver, you also need to use setserial after loading
> the driver to enable the high speed mode.
>
> Hopefully somebody someday will combine all the high speed serial
> port drivers into some generic high speed serial port driver...

The someday is actually coming soon.

Russell King is wizarding on unification of the serial drivers for
the 2.5 kernel. IIRC, the approach was to eliminate duplicated code,
rather than eliminate drivers, per se.