2008-07-20 22:15:20

by Arjan van de Ven

Subject: [patch 0/4] Second batch of fastboot patches: get rid of the 2 second rootfs delay

Hi,

this second batch of fastboot patches gets rid of the delay you can get
when you're not using an initrd; on my system this delay is a full 2
seconds (which is longer than the whole kernel boot combined).

I've also stuck the patch series into a git tree

clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/git/arjan/linux-2.6-fastboot

2008-07-21 01:46:56

by Daniel Walker

On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 15:14 -0700, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this second batch of fastboot patches gets rid of the delay you can get
> when you're not using an initrd; on my system this delay is a full 2
> seconds (which is longer than the whole kernel boot combined).
>
> I've also stuck the patch series into a git tree
>
> clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/git/arjan/linux-2.6-fastboot

Typo in the URL above, I think it's

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arjan/linux-2.6-fastboot
^^^^^^
Daniel

2008-07-21 07:59:53

by Rene Herman

On 21-07-08 00:14, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> this second batch of fastboot patches gets rid of the delay you can get
> when you're not using an initrd; on my system this delay is a full 2
> seconds (which is longer than the whole kernel boot combined).
>
> I've also stuck the patch series into a git tree
>
> clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/git/arjan/linux-2.6-fastboot

Initialized empty Git repository in
/home/rene/src/linux/linux-2.6-fastboot/.git/
fetch-pack from
'git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/git/arjan/linux-2.6-fastboot' failed.

Rene.

2008-07-21 15:53:19

by Ingo Molnar

* Arjan van de Ven <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this second batch of fastboot patches gets rid of the delay you can
> get when you're not using an initrd; on my system this delay is a full
> 2 seconds (which is longer than the whole kernel boot combined).
>
> I've also stuck the patch series into a git tree
>
> clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/git/arjan/linux-2.6-fastboot

thanks, pulled into tip/fastboot - works great here!

Ingo