2008-07-21 10:44:43

by tip-bot for Joshua Cov

Subject: ACPI: ACPI_CUSTOM_DSDT_INITRD option

This feature was considered problematic for the 2.6.25 kernel. And the
0.9x version was rewritten to make the patch work better with the new
kernel (here it is: http://gaugusch.at/kernel.shtml ). What about
adding it to the new 2.6.27?

2008-07-21 18:52:20

by Ben Collins

Subject: Re: ACPI: ACPI_CUSTOM_DSDT_INITRD option

On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 12:44 +0200, Joshua C. wrote:
> This feature was considered problematic for the 2.6.25 kernel. And the
> 0.9x version was rewritten to make the patch work better with the new
> kernel (here it is: http://gaugusch.at/kernel.shtml ). What about
> adding it to the new 2.6.27?

Could you rebase it on latest git (lots of fuzz)? Other than that, it
looks good to me. We've been carrying this patch forever, so would be
nice to have it applied upstream finally.

2008-07-21 19:58:03

by tip-bot for Joshua Cov

2008/7/21 Ben Collins <[email protected]>:

> Could you rebase it on latest git (lots of fuzz)? Other than that, it
> looks good to me. We've been carrying this patch forever, so would be
> nice to have it applied upstream finally.

I tried the current patch (acpi-dsdt-initrd-v0.9a-2.6.25.patch) with
fedora kernel-2.6.27-0.161.rc0.git6.fc10 which is git6 and it compiled
without any problems. I didn't modify anything on the patch. so it
should be "production" ready in its current state, shouldn't it? Maybe
this time it can make its way upstream.

2008-07-21 20:21:34

by tip-bot for Joshua Cov

2008/7/21 Ben Collins <[email protected]>:
> I didn't have any problems with it either, but I would hate for some
> fuzz to keep it from getting accepted :)

I looked at it and it looks ok to me. The "fuzzy" part is stripped
down, compared to the previous version. It should be ready now.

2008-07-21 20:26:35

by tip-bot for Joshua Cov

2008/7/21 Ben Collins <[email protected]>:
> I didn't have any problems with it either, but I would hate for some
> fuzz to keep it from getting accepted :)

I looked at it and it looks ok to me. The "fuzzy" part is stripped
down, compared to the previous version. It should be ready now.

2008-07-21 20:36:33

by Ben Collins