2008-10-13 20:19:54

by Patrizio Bassi

Subject: 2.6.27 gspca driver fails with Trust WB-1400T

Hi

i have a Trust 1400T perfectly working on 2.6.26 using external module
(media-video/gspcav1-20071224 is the gentoo version so it's that day
snapshot.)

Upgrading to 2.6.27 kernel, using integrated kernel driver

i get:

gspca: main v2.2.0
registered

usbcore: registered new interface driver
conex

conex:
registered

usbcore: registered new interface driver
etoms

etoms:
registered

usbcore: registered new interface driver
mars

mars:
registered

usbcore: registered new interface driver
ov519

ov519:
registered

usbcore: registered new interface driver
pac207

pac207:
registered

usbcore: registered new interface driver
pac7311

pac7311:
registered

usbcore: registered new interface driver
sonixb

sonixb:
registered

usbcore: registered new interface driver
sonixj

sonixj:
registered

usbcore: registered new interface driver
spca500

spca500:
registered

usbcore: registered new interface driver
spca501

spca501:
registered

usbcore: registered new interface driver
spca505

spca505:
registered

usbcore: registered new interface driver
spca506

spca506:
registered

usbcore: registered new interface driver
spca508

spca508:
registered

usbcore: registered new interface driver
spca561

spca561:
registered

usbcore: registered new interface driver
sunplus

sunplus:
registered

usbcore: registered new interface driver
stk014

stk014:
registered

usbcore: registered new interface driver
t613

t613:
registered

usbcore: registered new interface driver
tv8532

tv8532:
registered

usbcore: registered new interface driver
vc032x

vc032x:
registered

usbcore: registered new interface driver
zc3xx

zc3xx: registered

gspca: probing
093a:2468

pac207: Pixart Sensor ID 0x27 Chips ID
0x08

pac207: Pixart PAC207BCA Image Processor and Control Chip detected
(vid/pid 0x093A:0x2468)
gspca: probe ok

i have node device created, but picture is totally corrupted, with skype
(sorry!) i have a green and black window,
with mplayer or kopete i have a black one, while before with old driver
it was working perfectly.
Any hints?

lsusb
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 093a:2468 Pixart Imaging, Inc. Easy Snap Snake
Eye WebCam

Here i read my device works, but it's not my case.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/BetterWebcamSupport

i'm running a core2 in 64bit mode.

Please CC me i'm not subscribed

---
Patrizio Bassi
http://www.patriziobassi.it

2008-10-13 21:19:24

by Simon Holm Thøgersen

Subject: Re: 2.6.27 gspca driver fails with Trust WB-1400T

man, 13 10 2008 kl. 22:19 +0200, skrev Patrizio Bassi:
> Hi
>
> i have a Trust 1400T perfectly working on 2.6.26 using external module
> (media-video/gspcav1-20071224 is the gentoo version so it's that day
> snapshot.)
>
> Upgrading to 2.6.27 kernel, using integrated kernel driver

Does the following text explain it (imagine the text being at the front
page of [2])?

"Historically, there has been a number of different projects ([1], ...),
providing v4l drivers outside of the mainline Linux kernel. If you are
migrating from drivers by such projects, you might need to know a few
things. The drivers provided by this project do not do various color
conversion routines in the kernel, but in a userspace library that we
also provide [3].

This means that programs that use v4l and v4l2 must either be
- able to do the necessary color conversion themselves,
- link against our userspace library that provides these
conversions, or
- be loaded using an appropriately set LD_PRELOAD environment
variable."

[1] http://mxhaard.free.fr/
[2] http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Main_Page
[3] http://linuxtv.org/hg/~hgoede/v4l-dvb

Simon Holm Thøgersen

2008-10-14 07:21:42

by Patrizio Bassi

2008/10/13 Simon Holm Thøgersen <[email protected]>>> man, 13 10 2008 kl. 22:19 +0200, skrev Patrizio Bassi:> > Hi> >> > i have a Trust 1400T perfectly working on 2.6.26 using external module> > (media-video/gspcav1-20071224 is the gentoo version so it's that day> > snapshot.)> >> > Upgrading to 2.6.27 kernel, using integrated kernel driver> >> Does the following text explain it (imagine the text being at the front> page of [2])?>> "Historically, there has been a number of different projects ([1], ...),> providing v4l drivers outside of the mainline Linux kernel. If you are> migrating from drivers by such projects, you might need to know a few> things. The drivers provided by this project do not do various color> conversion routines in the kernel, but in a userspace library that we> also provide [3].>> This means that programs that use v4l and v4l2 must either be> - able to do the necessary color conversion themselves,> - link against our userspace library that provides these> conversions, or> - be loaded using an appropriately set LD_PRELOAD environment> variable.">> [1] http://mxhaard.free.fr/> [2] http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Main_Page> [3] http://linuxtv.org/hg/~hgoede/v4l-dvb>>> Simon Holm Thøgersen>
ok, it sounds i need to read some wikis...i'll come back to you wheni'm done with the result

2008-10-15 13:10:11

by Patrizio Bassi

2008/10/14 Patrizio Bassi <[email protected]>>> 2008/10/13 Simon Holm Thøgersen <[email protected]>> >> > man, 13 10 2008 kl. 22:19 +0200, skrev Patrizio Bassi:> > > Hi> > >> > > i have a Trust 1400T perfectly working on 2.6.26 using external module> > > (media-video/gspcav1-20071224 is the gentoo version so it's that day> > > snapshot.)> > >> > > Upgrading to 2.6.27 kernel, using integrated kernel driver> > >> > Does the following text explain it (imagine the text being at the front> > page of [2])?> >> > "Historically, there has been a number of different projects ([1], ...),> > providing v4l drivers outside of the mainline Linux kernel. If you are> > migrating from drivers by such projects, you might need to know a few> > things. The drivers provided by this project do not do various color> > conversion routines in the kernel, but in a userspace library that we> > also provide [3].> >> > This means that programs that use v4l and v4l2 must either be> > - able to do the necessary color conversion themselves,> > - link against our userspace library that provides these> > conversions, or> > - be loaded using an appropriately set LD_PRELOAD environment> > variable."> >> > [1] http://mxhaard.free.fr/> > [2] http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Main_Page> > [3] http://linuxtv.org/hg/~hgoede/v4l-dvb> >> >> > Simon Holm Thøgersen> >>> ok, it sounds i need to read some wikis...i'll come back to you when> i'm done with the result>
Hi Simon,
with the v4llib it looks much better, even if colors are not real as before.I think i need to tune it a little bit.
In the driver homepage it seems they suggest to continue using the olddriver with kernelspace decode for desktop or fast machines, butunfortunatly it doesn't even compile with 2.6.27.