2009-07-01 12:27:44

by Subrata Modak

Subject: [LTP] [ANNOUNCE] The Linux Test Project has been Released for JUNE 2009

Dear All,

The Linux Test Project test suite has been released for the month of
JUNE 2009. Please see ltp/INSTALL file carefully, as, there has been
multiple changes for building/installing the test suite.

The latest version of the test-suite contains 3000+ tests for the Linux
OS and can be found at:
http://ltp.sourceforge.net/,
Latest happenings in LTP can also be found at:
http://ltp.sourceforge.net/wiki/,
http://ltp.sourceforge.net/wikiArchives.php, and,
IRC: irc.freenode.org #ltp.

========================
JUNE 2009 Highlights:
========================
* Addition of 6 testcases for 5 new system calls,
* Major fixes for all new syscall tests,
* Major fixes for Power Management tests,
* Fixes for numerous other tests,
------------------------------

==============================
JUNE 2009 LTP Contributors:
==============================
* Manas Kumar Nayak,
* Márton Németh,
* Francesco Rundo,
* Cyril Hrubis,
* Rohit Verma,
* Nicolas Joly,
* Wei Yongjun,
* Jiri Palecek,
* Naresh Kamboju,
* Nobuhiro,
* Masatake YAMATO,
* Sukadev Bhattiprolu,
* Henry Yei,
* Darren Hart,
* Gowrishankar,
* Poornima Nayak,
------------------------------

==============================
Note(s) from the Maintainer:
==============================
Manas completed porting the remaining tests from Crackerjack to LTP. Due
to inherent design issues in the existing tests, we found major build
issues on varied archs/distors. Jiri/Naresh chipped in to solve majority
of them. I hope all such issues has been fixed by now.

There is always a price to be paid for newer test cases. And the price
for fixing them is definitely lesser provided the benefits the new test
cases bring in. Some of you are very skeptical and wants every release
of LTP to be very stable. Let me point that even there are situations
when the Linux kernel itself breaks to build on certain situations. And
trying to build LTP on multiple platforms and distros is a much bigger
challenge. Stability takes some time to arrive.

Our web site also contains other information such as:
- A Linux test tools matrix
- Technical papers
- How To's on Linux testing
- Code coverage analysis tool.

We would encourage the community to post results to
[email protected],
patches, new tests, bugs or comments/questions to [email protected],
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=3382&atid=103382 (for
New Bug(s)),
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=3382&atid=303382 (for
New Patch(s)),