2009-10-06 13:53:57

by Subrata Modak

Subject: [ANNOUNCE] The Linux Test Project has been Released for SEPTEMBER 2009

Hi,

The Linux Test Project test suite has been released for the month of
SEPTEMBER 2009. Please see ltp/INSTALL file carefully, as, there has
been multiple changes for building/installing the test suite.

The latest version of the test-suite contains 3000+ tests for the Linux
OS and can be found at:
http://ltp.sourceforge.net/,
Latest happenings in LTP can also be found at:
http://ltp.sourceforge.net/wiki/,
http://ltp.sourceforge.net/wikiArchives.php, and,
IRC: irc.freenode.org #ltp.

========================
SEPTEMBER 2009 Highlights:
========================
1. rt-migrate-test addition,
2. Addition of 38 scenarios for CGROUP functional tests and Stress
tests,
3. Addition of testcase for p9auth kernel module,
4. Major fixes to LCOV to work with 2.6.32 kernel,
------------------------------

==============================
SEPTEMBER 2009 LTP Contributors:
==============================
1. Miao Xie,
2. Shan Wei,
3. Kiran Prakash,
4. Steven Rostedt,
5. Cyril Hrubis,
6. Seiichi Ikarashi,
7. Hushan Jia,
8. Zhang Xiliang,
9. Naresh Kamboju,
10. Suzuki K P,
11. JACKY MALCLES,
12. Liu Bo,
13. Nobuhiro Lin,
14. Shi Weihua,
15. Sharyathi Nagesh,
16. Geert Uytterhoeven,
17. Peter Oberparleiter,
18. Matthieu Fertr,
19. Serge E. Hallyn,
20. Jiri Palecek,
21. Andrew Vagin,
------------------------------

==============================
Note(s) from the Maintainer:
==============================
September continued to be the month when we received many new tests. And
we are looking to see the exclusive EXT4 tests to come in October 2009
release. People from the community showed extreme enthusiasm to clean
the recently ported tests from Crackerjack. This shows how LTP community
uses the System call tests so heavily.

Our web site also contains other information such as:
- A Linux test tools matrix
- Technical papers
- How To's on Linux testing
- Code coverage analysis tool.

We would encourage the community to post results to
[email protected],
patches, new tests, bugs or comments/questions to [email protected],
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=3382&atid=103382 (for
New Bug(s)),
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=3382&atid=303382 (for
New Patch(s)),