2009-11-15 21:17:34

by Iban Rodriguez

Subject: intelfb maintainer

Hello,

I have found a problem in the intelfb driver. I've tried to send an
e-mail to Sylvain Meyer (maintainer) but I've received the mail back
because of 'user unknown'. Could you tell me who I can send the report?

Thank you very much.

Iban Rodríguez.

2009-11-15 21:22:21

by Jiri Slaby

Subject: Re: intelfb maintainer

On 11/15/2009 10:17 PM, Iban Rodríguez wrote:
> I have found a problem in the intelfb driver. I've tried to send an
> e-mail to Sylvain Meyer (maintainer) but I've received the mail back
> because of 'user unknown'. Could you tell me who I can send the report?

You can use:
./scripts/get_maintainer.pl -f ./drivers/video/intelfb/

It gives many people.

--
js
Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University

2009-11-15 23:19:35

by Dave Airlie

2009/11/16 Iban Rodr?guez <[email protected]>:

> ? ?Hello,
>
> ? ?I have found a problem in the intelfb driver. I've tried to send an
> e-mail to Sylvain Meyer (maintainer) but I've received the mail back
> because of 'user unknown'. Could you tell me who I can send the report?

intelfb is mostly deprecated in favour of kernel modesetting drivers,

I also used to help maintain it, but its mostly to be left for dead,

[email protected] is probably the best plaec to send stuff.
(but don't be surprised if nobody really cares).

Dave.

> ? ?Thank you very much.
>
> ? ?Iban Rodr?guez.

> More majordomo info at ?http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
> Please read the FAQ at ?http://www.tux.org/lkml/

2009-11-15 23:22:05

by Alan

> [email protected] is probably the best plaec to send stuff.
> (but don't be surprised if nobody really cares).

And if you get no response after a while send it to Linus with a note
indicating what Dave said. If there is no maintainer to go around then
sometimes you have to go directly unless anyone sees a problem with the
patch (or become maintainer ...)