2002-09-25 15:07:38

by Cress, Andrew R

Subject: aic7xxx support for aic7902?

Justin,

I've seen a special U320 driver aic79xx v1.10, but I suppose that the new
U320 controllers will be folded into a new version of your aic7xxx driver
(?). If so, I'd like to know which version of the aic7xxx driver will
include support of the new aic7902 controller, and which kernel version will
be targeted to have that folded in.

Andy

2002-09-25 17:42:30

by Justin T. Gibbs

Subject: Re: aic7xxx support for aic7902?

> Justin,
>
> I've seen a special U320 driver aic79xx v1.10, but I suppose that the new
> U320 controllers will be folded into a new version of your aic7xxx driver
> (?).

Nope. The U320 chips will never be supported in the aic7xxx driver due
to their very different architecture. aic79xx v1.1.0 (or 1.1.1 which
includes the port to the 2.5.X kernels) is what you want.

> If so, I'd like to know which version of the aic7xxx driver will
> include support of the new aic7902 controller, and which kernel version
> will be targeted to have that folded in.

Which kernel version it will be folded into is beyond my control. The
code has been sent to both Marcelo and Linus.

--
Justin

2002-09-25 18:03:13

by Mr. James W. Laferriere

Subject: What/Where are the latest aic7xxx ? (was:aic7xxx support foraic7902)

Hello Justin ,
What is the latest version # of the aic7xxx driver ?
Where is the latest version of the aic7xxx driver ?
I've been to:
http://people.freebsd.org/~gibbs/linux/
and it shows 6.2.5 . My kernel 2.4.19 says 6.2.6 .
An email from you to the list mentions you rolling a 6.2.7 quite
sometime ago . Help !-} . Tia , JimL

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
> > Justin,
> > I've seen a special U320 driver aic79xx v1.10, but I suppose that the new
> > U320 controllers will be folded into a new version of your aic7xxx driver
> > (?).
> Nope. The U320 chips will never be supported in the aic7xxx driver due
> to their very different architecture. aic79xx v1.1.0 (or 1.1.1 which
> includes the port to the 2.5.X kernels) is what you want.
> > If so, I'd like to know which version of the aic7xxx driver will
> > include support of the new aic7902 controller, and which kernel version
> > will be targeted to have that folded in.
> Which kernel version it will be folded into is beyond my control. The
> code has been sent to both Marcelo and Linus.
> --
> Justin
| James W. Laferriere | System Techniques | Give me VMS |
| Network Engineer | P.O. Box 854 | Give me Linux |
| [email protected] | Coudersport PA 16915 | only on AXP |

by Samuel Flory

Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

>>Justin,
>>
>>I've seen a special U320 driver aic79xx v1.10, but I suppose that the new
>>U320 controllers will be folded into a new version of your aic7xxx driver
>>(?).
>>

>Nope. The U320 chips will never be supported in the aic7xxx driver due
>to their very different architecture. aic79xx v1.1.0 (or 1.1.1 which
>includes the port to the 2.5.X kernels) is what you want.

Where can I find the v1.1.0 patch?

--
There is no such thing as obsolete hardware.
Merely hardware that other people don't want.