2014-04-01 23:19:46

by Steven Whitehouse

Subject: GFS2: Pull request (merge window)

Hi,

Please consider pulling the following changes,

Steve.

The following changes since commit 1b2ad41214c9bf6e8befa000f0522629194bf540:

GFS2: Fix address space from page function (2014-03-31 17:48:27 +0100)

are available in the git repository at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/steve/gfs2-3.0-nmw.git tags/gfs2-merge-window

for you to fetch changes up to 1b2ad41214c9bf6e8befa000f0522629194bf540:

GFS2: Fix address space from page function (2014-03-31 17:48:27 +0100)

One of the main highlights this time, is not the patches themselves
but instead the widening contributor base. It is good to see that
interest is increasing in GFS2, and I'd like to thank all the
contributors to this patch set.

In addition to the usual set of bug fixes and clean ups, there are
patches to improve inode creation performance when xattrs are
required and some improvements to the transaction code which is
intended to help improve scalability after further changes in due
course.

Journal extent mapping is also updated to make it more efficient
and again, this is a foundation for future work in this area.

The maximum number of ACLs has been increased to 300 (for a 4k
block size) which means that even with a few additional xattrs
from selinux, everything should fit within a single fs block.

There is also a patch to bring GFS2's own copy of the writepages
code up to the same level as the core VFS. Eventually we may be
able to merge some of this code, since it is fairly similar.

The other major change this time, is bringing consistency to
the printing of messages via fs_<level>, pr_<level> macros.

signature.asc (836.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part

2014-04-04 21:52:16

by Linus Torvalds

Subject: Re: GFS2: Pull request (merge window)

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Steven Whitehouse <[email protected]> wrote:

> Please consider pulling the following changes

This pull request is also missing shortlog and diffstat, like Jeff
Layton's did. Did we have some tooling failure, or is it just
coincidence?

Please, guys, make sure your pull requests are valid. I've pulled this
one too, but..

Linus

2014-04-07 09:32:13

by Steven Whitehouse

Hi,

On Fri, 2014-04-04 at 14:52 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Steven Whitehouse <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > Please consider pulling the following changes
>
> This pull request is also missing shortlog and diffstat, like Jeff
> Layton's did. Did we have some tooling failure, or is it just
> coincidence?
>
> Please, guys, make sure your pull requests are valid. I've pulled this
> one too, but..
>
> Linus

Sorry for the delay. I'd just been travelling for a few days and I
didn't have remote access to the box I used to generated the pull
request. Now that I've been able to have a look at the bash history, I
can see what has happened....

git request-pull gfs2-merge-window git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/steve/gfs2-3.0-nmw.git >my.pull

What what I'd used to generate the request. Which is incorrect in that
it should have been:

git request-pull master git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/steve/gfs2-3.0-nmw.git gfs2-merge-window >my.pull

but it seems by putting the arguments in the wrong order, I still got a
pull request generated, but without the diffstat, which is probably why
I didn't spot my mistake.

Anyway, apologies for having messed this up - I'll make a note to check
this in future,

Steve