2014-07-17 22:03:21

by Nicholas Krause

Subject: Alpha Checkpatch Errors

Hey Richard and other Maintainers,
I am wondering about cleaning up the cleanpatch errors for alpha, as
I am hitting a lot of in the arch/alpha directory.
It would be nice if I got a list of files that still need coding style
cleanup as this may be of nice to cleanup :).
Cheers Nick

2014-07-17 22:18:36

by Thomas Gleixner

Subject: Re: Alpha Checkpatch Errors

On Thu, 17 Jul 2014, Nick Krause wrote:

> Hey Richard and other Maintainers,
> I am wondering about cleaning up the cleanpatch errors for alpha, as
> I am hitting a lot of in the arch/alpha directory.
> It would be nice if I got a list of files that still need coding style
> cleanup as this may be of nice to cleanup :).

Nick, can you please stop that nonsense? checkpatch.pl is a tool to
check PATCHES and not to apply random nonsense on existing code. See
also:

https://lwn.net/Articles/605597/

Joe, can you please finally remove the -f option from checkpatch.pl ?

Thanks,

tglx

2014-07-18 03:01:31

by Nicholas Krause

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 6:17 PM, Thomas Gleixner <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jul 2014, Nick Krause wrote:
>
>> Hey Richard and other Maintainers,
>> I am wondering about cleaning up the cleanpatch errors for alpha, as
>> I am hitting a lot of in the arch/alpha directory.
>> It would be nice if I got a list of files that still need coding style
>> cleanup as this may be of nice to cleanup :).
>
> Nick, can you please stop that nonsense? checkpatch.pl is a tool to
> check PATCHES and not to apply random nonsense on existing code. See
> also:
>
> https://lwn.net/Articles/605597/
>
> Joe, can you please finally remove the -f option from checkpatch.pl ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> tglx
I understand how about checkpatch. We should remove the -f option as I
agree it gets used too much.
Sorry Nick

2014-07-18 03:21:42

by Davidlohr Bueso

On Thu, 2014-07-17 at 23:01 -0400, Nick Krause wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 6:17 PM, Thomas Gleixner <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Thu, 17 Jul 2014, Nick Krause wrote:
> >
> >> Hey Richard and other Maintainers,
> >> I am wondering about cleaning up the cleanpatch errors for alpha, as
> >> I am hitting a lot of in the arch/alpha directory.
> >> It would be nice if I got a list of files that still need coding style
> >> cleanup as this may be of nice to cleanup :).
> >
> > Nick, can you please stop that nonsense? checkpatch.pl is a tool to
> > check PATCHES and not to apply random nonsense on existing code. See
> > also:
> >
> > https://lwn.net/Articles/605597/
> >
> > Joe, can you please finally remove the -f option from checkpatch.pl ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > tglx
> I understand how about checkpatch. We should remove the -f option as I
> agree it gets used too much.
> Sorry Nick

Nick, are you human?

2014-07-18 03:24:48

by Nicholas Krause

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 11:21 PM, Davidlohr Bueso <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-07-17 at 23:01 -0400, Nick Krause wrote:

>> > Nick, can you please stop that nonsense? checkpatch.pl is a tool to
>> > check PATCHES and not to apply random nonsense on existing code. See
>> > also:
>> >
>> > https://lwn.net/Articles/605597/
>> >
>> > Joe, can you please finally remove the -f option from checkpatch.pl ?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > tglx
>> I understand how about checkpatch. We should remove the -f option as I
>> agree it gets used too much.
>> Sorry Nick
>
> Nick, are you human?

Yes I am human. Now thinking about it we need it to test for staging.
Stupid idea.
Nick

2014-07-18 08:55:21

by Borislav Petkov

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 11:24:45PM -0400, Nick Krause wrote:
> > Nick, are you human?
> >
> Yes I am human.

It doesn't look like it. *Every-f*ckin-body* is telling you to stop
doing this FIXME bullshit but you continue like a bot which cannot parse
answer mails.

Just answer me one thing: why are you even doing this? Are you doing this
because

* you want to help with kernel development

* see your name in git logs

* ...

or simply because you're doing some sick experiment to see how long you
can bother people on lkml with senseless crap and are secretly giggling
nasty at all the pissed answers you get?

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Sent from a fat crate under my desk. Formatting is fine.

by Peter Zijlstra

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 11:24:45PM -0400, Nick Krause wrote:
> Yes I am human.

Could you then perhaps try harder at being one, the way it looks now is
you're failing even the 'simple' Turing test.

Attachments:
(No filename) (198.00 B)
(No filename) (836.00 B)

by Steven Rostedt

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 11:24:45PM -0400, Nick Krause wrote:

> Yes I am human. Now thinking about it we need it to test for staging.

Why do you say that?

-- Steve

2014-07-18 17:08:42

by Nicholas Krause

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 7:58 AM, Steven Rostedt <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 11:24:45PM -0400, Nick Krause wrote:
>> >
>> Yes I am human. Now thinking about it we need it to test for staging.
>
> Why do you say that?
>
> -- Steve
Sorry I was trying to help , I guess this conversation is now closed.
It was a fucking stupid idea.
Nick

2014-07-18 17:31:45

by Steven Rostedt

On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 13:08:39 -0400
Nick Krause <[email protected]> wrote:

> Sorry I was trying to help , I guess this conversation is now closed.
> It was a fucking stupid idea.

Are you afraid of sex?

-- Steve

2014-07-18 17:35:54

by Nicholas Krause

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Steven Rostedt <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 13:08:39 -0400
> Nick Krause <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Sorry I was trying to help , I guess this conversation is now closed.
>> It was a fucking stupid idea.
>
> Are you afraid of sex?
>
> -- Steve

Why are you even asking this?