2015-04-24 11:02:06

by Chris Ward

Subject: Linux device driver for USB WIFI needs integrating

There is a Linux driver here
hxxp://http://www.asus.com/Networking/USBN10_NANO/HelpDesk_download/ that needs
integrating into the 'kernel.org' source. Please can you pass this to
whoever should do this.

Do we need formal permission from ASUS, or do we just take it ?

Please cc: me on any replies as I am not subscribed to the LKML.

Thanks !

Chris Ward

--
ResearchGate: hxxps://http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Thomas_Ward16
Portfolio: hxxp://tjcw.freeshell.org/Portfolio/

Disclaimer: I work for IBM, but I do not represent IBM. Any opinions
expressed in this email are personal and don’t necessarily represent my
employer’s positions, strategies or opinions.

2015-04-24 11:49:27

by Anders Larsen

On 2015-04-24 13:37, Chris Ward wrote:
> I just tried building the driver from ASUS with the current kernel
> from
> OpenSUSE (3.16.7-21), and got a trap when booting (in the insmod, I
> think)

With an out-of-tree driver you are on your own, sorry.

Did you enable the in-tree driver (CONFIG_RTL8192CU)?
(That driver supports the chip used by the ASUS device AFAICT)

What is the USB Id of the ASUS device (as shown by 'lsusb')?

Cheers
Anders-