2017-03-19 02:08:46

by Nicholas A. Bellinger

Subject: [GIT PULL] target fixes for v4.11-rc3

Hello Linus,

Here are the target-pending fixes for v4.11-rc3 code. Please go ahead
and pull from:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/nab/target-pending.git master

The bulk of the changes are in qla2xxx target driver code to address
various issues found during Cavium/QLogic's internal testing (stable
CC's included), along with a few other stability and smaller
miscellaneous improvements.

There are also a couple of different patch sets from Mike Christie,
which have been a result of his work to use target-core ALUA logic
together with tcm-user backend driver.

Finally, a patch to address some long standing issues with pass-through
SCSI export of TYPE_TAPE + TYPE_MEDIUM_CHANGER devices, which will make
folks using physical (or virtual) magnetic tape happy.

Thank you,

--nab

Anil Gurumurthy (1):
qla2xxx: Export DIF stats via debugfs

Himanshu Madhani (2):
qla2xxx: Add DebugFS node to display Port Database
qla2xxx: Update driver version to 9.00.00.00-k

Joe Carnuccio (1):
qla2xxx: Allow vref count to timeout on vport delete.

Max Lohrmann (1):
target: Fix VERIFY_16 handling in sbc_parse_cdb

Mike Christie (10):
tcmu: allow hw_max_sectors greater than 128
tcmu: return on first Opt parse failure
target: allow ALUA setup for some passthrough backends
target: fail ALUA transitions for pscsi
target: Use system workqueue for ALUA transitions
target: fix ALUA transition timeout handling
target: allow userspace to set state to transitioning
target: fix race during implicit transition work flushes
tcmu: add helper to check if dev was configured
tcmu: make cmd timeout configurable

Nicholas Bellinger (3):
target/pscsi: Fix TYPE_TAPE + TYPE_MEDIMUM_CHANGER export
target: Drop pointless tfo->check_stop_free check
tcmu: Convert cmd_time_out into backend device attribute

Quinn Tran (10):
qla2xxx: Fix memory leak for abts processing
qla2xxx: Fix request queue corruption.
qla2xxx: Fix inadequate lock protection for ABTS.
qla2xxx: Fix sess_lock & hardware_lock lock order problem.
qla2xxx: Allow relogin to proceed if remote login did not finish
qla2xxx: Improve T10-DIF/PI handling in driver.
qla2xxx: Add async new target notification
qla2xxx: Use IOCB interface to submit non-critical MBX.
qla2xxx: Change scsi host lookup method.
qla2xxx: Fix delayed response to command for loop mode/direct connect.

drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/Kconfig | 1 +
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_attr.c | 4 +-
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_dbg.h | 1 +
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_def.h | 56 ++-
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_dfs.c | 107 ++++-
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_gbl.h | 18 +-
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_init.c | 85 ++--
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_iocb.c | 13 +-
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_isr.c | 41 +-
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_mbx.c | 304 ++++++++++++--
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_mid.c | 14 +-
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_os.c | 23 +-
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_target.c | 748 +++++++++++++++++++++------------
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_target.h | 39 +-
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_version.h | 6 +-
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/tcm_qla2xxx.c | 49 ++-
drivers/target/target_core_alua.c | 82 ++--
drivers/target/target_core_configfs.c | 4 +
drivers/target/target_core_pscsi.c | 50 +--
drivers/target/target_core_sbc.c | 10 +-
drivers/target/target_core_tpg.c | 3 +-
drivers/target/target_core_transport.c | 3 +-
drivers/target/target_core_user.c | 152 +++++--
include/target/target_core_backend.h | 7 +-
include/target/target_core_base.h | 2 +-

by Nicholas A. Bellinger

Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] target fixes for v4.11-rc3

On Sat, 2017-03-18 at 19:08 -0700, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:
> Hello Linus,
>
> Here are the target-pending fixes for v4.11-rc3 code. Please go ahead
> and pull from:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/nab/target-pending.git master
>
> The bulk of the changes are in qla2xxx target driver code to address
> various issues found during Cavium/QLogic's internal testing (stable
> CC's included), along with a few other stability and smaller
> miscellaneous improvements.

Wrt the other qla2xxx improvements in this PULL request..

They where originally intended for v4.11-rc1, but missed the merge
window due to a regression reported on the list.

Since then, they have gone through 4 revisions over the last 7 weeks,
and Cavium/QLogic folks have addressed the outstanding regression +
feedback, and this series has passed their internal Q/A testing.

So while I acknowledge they aren't all strictly bug-fixes (5 of them are
CC'ed for stable), all are self contained within qla2xxx and I do trust
the Cavium/QLogic team's sign-off for the complete series.

Please consider pulling the series.

2017-03-20 01:58:40

by Linus Torvalds

On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 7:08 PM, Nicholas A. Bellinger
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Here are the target-pending fixes for v4.11-rc3 code.

So I'm very unhappy with how these patches were rebased or applied
just before the pull request.

I did my usual build test, but didn't notice how recent it all was
until after I had already pulled other things, so now I'm going to
just live with it, but you are now on my shit-list.

All but two of the commits you sent me were committed just a few hours
before the pull request, and the qla series was done about 90m minutes
before. And some of the commits were new feature support.

Don't do this.

Linus