2001-02-19 04:11:56

by Billy Harvey

Subject: ip_conntrack error under 2.4.1-ac18

I'm getting multiple messages like:

Feb 18 23:05:50 rhino kernel: ip_conntrack: maximum limit of 8184 entries exceeded
Feb 18 23:05:52 rhino last message repeated 2 times

while running nessus, with 100 simultaneous connections set, against a
company machine. This is the first time I've observed this error.

Billy

2001-02-19 09:30:35

by Bernd Eckenfels

Subject: Re: ip_conntrack error under 2.4.1-ac18

In article <[email protected]> you wrote:
> Feb 18 23:05:50 rhino kernel: ip_conntrack: maximum limit of 8184 entries exceed
> ed

> while running nessus, with 100 simultaneous connections set, against a
> company machine. This is the first time I've observed this error.

It is not an error, you just used up all entries in the Conenction Track
Table. You can increase the number of entries or reduce the number of
concurrent Connections. You may also be able to use normal connect() scan
methods, AFAIK the timing out of the connections is better with this.

Greetings
Bernd