2003-06-13 18:23:45

by James Bourne

Subject: 2.4.21-uv1 patch released

Hi all,
I've placed the update version 1 (2.4.21-uv1) patch at
http://www.hardrock.org/kernel/current-updates/ for those who require it.

The current version contains only the NFS silly rename patch as posted for
-rc7 and the updated of EXTRAVERSION.

Please send bug reports to [email protected].

Regards
James Bourne

--
James Bourne | Email: [email protected]
Unix Systems Administrator | WWW: http://www.hardrock.org

2003-06-13 18:30:51

by Randy.Dunlap

Subject: Re: 2.4.21-uv1 patch released

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:37:30 -0600 (MDT) James Bourne <[email protected]> wrote:

| Hi all,
| I've placed the update version 1 (2.4.21-uv1) patch at
| http://www.hardrock.org/kernel/current-updates/ for those who require it.
|
| The current version contains only the NFS silly rename patch as posted for
| -rc7 and the updated of EXTRAVERSION.
|
| Please send bug reports to [email protected].

I can't boot 2.4.21 without the latest aic7xyz tarball applied,
from http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/linux/SRC/

The 2.4.21 driver just hangs during boot.

--
~Randy

2003-06-13 18:36:05

by James Bourne

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Randy.Dunlap wrote:

> I can't boot 2.4.21 without the latest aic7xyz tarball applied,
> from http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/linux/SRC/
>
> The 2.4.21 driver just hangs during boot.

Nifty...

Justin, is this a confirmed problem with the aic79xx driver in 2.4.21 and is
there a 2.4.21-rc8 or later patch that will go in clean? (I'm thinking the
2.4-20030603 patch should).

Thanks,
James

--
James Bourne | Email: [email protected]
Unix Systems Administrator | WWW: http://www.hardrock.org
Custom Unix Programming | Linux: The choice of a GNU generation
"All you need's an occasional kick in the philosophy." Frank Herbert

2003-06-13 19:19:00

by Justin T. Gibbs

> On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Randy.Dunlap wrote:
>
>> I can't boot 2.4.21 without the latest aic7xyz tarball applied,
>> from http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/linux/SRC/
>>
>> The 2.4.21 driver just hangs during boot.
>
> Nifty...
>
> Justin, is this a confirmed problem with the aic79xx driver in 2.4.21 and is
> there a 2.4.21-rc8 or later patch that will go in clean? (I'm thinking the
> 2.4-20030603 patch should).

The BK send file for 2.4.X should go in clean and since it includes
all of the revision history is much preferable to any patch.

--
Justin

2003-06-13 21:35:41

by James Bourne

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> The BK send file for 2.4.X should go in clean and since it includes
> all of the revision history is much preferable to any patch.

Thanks. I've turned the 20030603.tar.gz file into a patch and added it to
the updates patch I host to allow people a single point to download errata
for the 2.4.21 kernel.

Unfortunately I have never used BK nor have I any intention at this point,
so I hope the tar ball will reflect the same information. I have included a
pointer to the SRC directory for people to follow as well.

Regards
James Bourne

--
James Bourne | Email: [email protected]
Unix Systems Administrator | WWW: http://www.hardrock.org
Custom Unix Programming | Linux: The choice of a GNU generation
"All you need's an occasional kick in the philosophy." Frank Herbert

2003-06-13 21:45:01

by Justin T. Gibbs

> Thanks. I've turned the 20030603.tar.gz file into a patch and added it to
> the updates patch I host to allow people a single point to download errata
> for the 2.4.21 kernel.
>
> Unfortunately I have never used BK nor have I any intention at this point,
> so I hope the tar ball will reflect the same information. I have included a
> pointer to the SRC directory for people to follow as well.

I would just like Marcelo to take the BK version if/when he incorperates
a newer drop into his BK tree.

--
Justin