2003-05-28 16:12:39

by John Covici

Subject: peculiar alsa problems in 2.5.70

I am using via82xx and I have all the alsa stuff configured as
modules and every time I do /etc/init.d/alsasound start I get the
following:

Starting sound driver: snd-via82xx done
/usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:780: failed to obtain info for control
#37 (No such file or directory)
/usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:780: failed to obtain info for control
#38 (No such file or directory)
/usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:780: failed to obtain info for control
#39 (No such file or directory)

Any assistance would be appreciated.

--
John Covici

by ismail donmez

Subject: Re: peculiar alsa problems in 2.5.70

On Wednesday 28 May 2003 19:25, John Covici wrote:
> I am using via82xx and I have all the alsa stuff configured as
> modules and every time I do /etc/init.d/alsasound start I get the
> following:
>
> Starting sound driver: snd-via82xx done
> /usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:780: failed to obtain info for control
> #37 (No such file or directory)
> /usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:780: failed to obtain info for control
> #38 (No such file or directory)
> /usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:780: failed to obtain info for control
> #39 (No such file or directory)
>
> Any assistance would be appreciated.

Try alsactl store on cli. See if that helps.

Regards,
/ismail

2003-05-28 19:25:33

by John Covici

When I did the alsactl store I got a file with two "cards" one says
state.via8233 and the other says state.'"via8233"' and the id on the
via82xx options line is via8233 -- so I am not sure what this means.

on Wednesday 05/28/2003 ismail (cartman) donmez([email protected]) wrote

--
John Covici

by ismail donmez

On Wednesday 28 May 2003 22:38, John covici wrote:
> When I did the alsactl store I got a file with two "cards" one says
> state.via8233 and the other says state.'"via8233"' and the id on the
> via82xx options line is via8233 -- so I am not sure what this means.

Do you still get error msgs from alsactl ?

Regards,
/ismail

2003-05-28 21:23:46

by John Covici

If I do an alsactl restore without unloading the module I get no
message, but if I actually shut down the sound driver (stop and
start) I get the messages again.

--
John Covici

by ismail donmez

On Thursday 29 May 2003 00:36, John covici wrote:
> If I do an alsactl restore without unloading the module I get no
> message, but if I actually shut down the sound driver (stop and
> start) I get the messages again.

Sorry no idea then :(

Regards,
/ismail