2021-06-21 22:07:37

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commit in the powerpc tree

Hi all,

Commit

77bbbc0cf848 ("KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Fix TLB management on SMT8 POWER9 and POWER10 processors")

is missing a Signed-off-by from its author.

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2021-06-24 07:44:17

by Michael Ellerman

Stephen Rothwell <[email protected]> writes:
> Hi all,
>
> Commit
>
> 77bbbc0cf848 ("KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Fix TLB management on SMT8 POWER9 and POWER10 processors")
>
> is missing a Signed-off-by from its author.

That was actually deliberate.

Suraj wrote the patch when he was at IBM, but never sent it.

Paul & Nick then resurrected it from some internal tree, and are now
submitting it on behalf of IBM.

So they are asserting option b) of the DCO AIUI:

(b) The contribution is based upon previous work that, to the best
of my knowledge, is covered under an appropriate open source
license and I have the right under that license to submit that
work with modifications, whether created in whole or in part
by me, under the same open source license (unless I am
permitted to submit under a different license), as indicated
in the file

cheers

2022-05-23 07:25:52

by Nicholas Piggin

Excerpts from Stephen Rothwell's message of May 20, 2022 8:31 am:
> Hi all,
>
> Commits
>
> 03a2e65f54b3 ("KVM: PPC: Book3S Nested: Use explicit 4096 LPID maximum")
> 18827eeef022 ("KVM: PPC: Remove kvmppc_claim_lpid")
>
> are missing a Signed-off-by from their authors.

Sorry.

> The first is just "Signed-of-by" misspelling. The second is missing.

My laptop's 'f' key has got much worse since then :(

Thanks,
Nick