2018-10-31 18:28:45

by Thomas Gleixner

Subject: [patch 0/9] time: Add SPDX identifiers and cleanup boilerplates

Add SPDX identifiers to all files in kernel/time and remove the license
boiler plates.

Aside of that use the chance to get rid of (stale) file references and tidy
up the top of file comments as they are touched anyway by this work.

This work is based on a script and data from Philippe Ombredanne, Kate
Stewart and myself. The data has been created with two independent license
scanners and manual inspection.

Thanks,

tglx

---
include/linux/hrtimer.h | 5 +----
kernel/time/alarmtimer.c | 5 +----
kernel/time/clockevents.c | 6 +-----
kernel/time/clocksource.c | 20 +-------------------
kernel/time/hrtimer.c | 19 +++++--------------
kernel/time/itimer.c | 2 --
kernel/time/jiffies.c | 28 ++++++----------------------
kernel/time/posix-clock.c | 17 ++---------------
kernel/time/posix-stubs.c | 5 +----
kernel/time/posix-timers.c | 25 ++-----------------------
kernel/time/sched_clock.c | 9 +++------
kernel/time/test_udelay.c | 10 +---------
kernel/time/tick-broadcast-hrtimer.c | 4 +---
kernel/time/tick-broadcast.c | 6 +-----
kernel/time/tick-common.c | 6 +-----
kernel/time/tick-oneshot.c | 6 +-----
kernel/time/tick-sched.c | 5 +----
kernel/time/time.c | 13 +++++--------
kernel/time/timeconst.bc | 2 ++
kernel/time/timeconv.c | 1 +
kernel/time/timecounter.c | 17 ++---------------
kernel/time/timekeeping.c | 11 +++--------
kernel/time/timekeeping_debug.c | 11 +----------
kernel/time/timer.c | 3 +--
kernel/time/timer_list.c | 7 +------

by John Stultz

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 11:21 AM, Thomas Gleixner <[email protected]> wrote:
> Add SPDX identifiers to all files in kernel/time and remove the license
> boiler plates.
>
> Aside of that use the chance to get rid of (stale) file references and tidy
> up the top of file comments as they are touched anyway by this work.
>
> This work is based on a script and data from Philippe Ombredanne, Kate
> Stewart and myself. The data has been created with two independent license
> scanners and manual inspection.

Looks ok by me.

Acked-by: John Stultz <[email protected]>

thanks
-john

2018-10-31 18:37:16

by Kees Cook

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 11:21 AM, Thomas Gleixner <[email protected]> wrote:
> Add SPDX identifiers to all files in kernel/time and remove the license
> boiler plates.
>
> Aside of that use the chance to get rid of (stale) file references and tidy
> up the top of file comments as they are touched anyway by this work.
>
> This work is based on a script and data from Philippe Ombredanne, Kate
> Stewart and myself. The data has been created with two independent license
> scanners and manual inspection.

Looks good! I need to do this for some of my trees too... too much
boilerplate in the tree! :)

Acked-by: Kees Cook <[email protected]>

--
Kees Cook

2018-10-31 18:42:09

by Nicolas Pitre

On Wed, 31 Oct 2018, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

> Add SPDX identifiers to all files in kernel/time and remove the license
> boiler plates.
>
> Aside of that use the chance to get rid of (stale) file references and tidy
> up the top of file comments as they are touched anyway by this work.
>
> This work is based on a script and data from Philippe Ombredanne, Kate
> Stewart and myself. The data has been created with two independent license
> scanners and manual inspection.
>
> Thanks,

Changes to posix-stubs.c (the only file I authored) look fine to me.

Acked-by: Nicolas Pitre <[email protected]>

Nicolas

2018-10-31 19:03:58

by Corey Minyard

On 10/31/18 1:21 PM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> Add SPDX identifiers to all files in kernel/time and remove the license
> boiler plates.
>
> Aside of that use the chance to get rid of (stale) file references and tidy
> up the top of file comments as they are touched anyway by this work.
>
> This work is based on a script and data from Philippe Ombredanne, Kate
> Stewart and myself. The data has been created with two independent license
> scanners and manual inspection.

Wow, Arques Ave.  That was about five moves ago.

Anyway, this looks good to me.  Thanks.

Acked-by: Corey Minyard <[email protected]>

-corey

2018-11-05 19:51:46

by Ingo Molnar

* Thomas Gleixner <[email protected]> wrote:

> Add SPDX identifiers to all files in kernel/time and remove the license
> boiler plates.
>
> Aside of that use the chance to get rid of (stale) file references and tidy
> up the top of file comments as they are touched anyway by this work.
>
> This work is based on a script and data from Philippe Ombredanne, Kate
> Stewart and myself. The data has been created with two independent license
> scanners and manual inspection.
>
> Thanks,
>
> tglx
>
> ---
> include/linux/hrtimer.h | 5 +----
> kernel/time/alarmtimer.c | 5 +----
> kernel/time/clockevents.c | 6 +-----
> kernel/time/clocksource.c | 20 +-------------------
> kernel/time/hrtimer.c | 19 +++++--------------
> kernel/time/itimer.c | 2 --
> kernel/time/jiffies.c | 28 ++++++----------------------
> kernel/time/posix-clock.c | 17 ++---------------
> kernel/time/posix-stubs.c | 5 +----
> kernel/time/posix-timers.c | 25 ++-----------------------
> kernel/time/sched_clock.c | 9 +++------
> kernel/time/test_udelay.c | 10 +---------
> kernel/time/tick-broadcast-hrtimer.c | 4 +---
> kernel/time/tick-broadcast.c | 6 +-----
> kernel/time/tick-common.c | 6 +-----
> kernel/time/tick-oneshot.c | 6 +-----
> kernel/time/tick-sched.c | 5 +----
> kernel/time/time.c | 13 +++++--------
> kernel/time/timeconst.bc | 2 ++
> kernel/time/timeconv.c | 1 +
> kernel/time/timecounter.c | 17 ++---------------
> kernel/time/timekeeping.c | 11 +++--------
> kernel/time/timekeeping_debug.c | 11 +----------
> kernel/time/timer.c | 3 +--
> kernel/time/timer_list.c | 7 +------

Acked-by: Ingo Molnar <[email protected]>

Thanks,

Ingo