2009-12-04 01:01:54

by Peter Paul

Subject: Is saa716x abandoned?

Hello,
I was wondering about the future of the saa716x [1] driver that handles DVB hardware that uses either the saa7160, saa7161, saa1762 or saa1763 chip.
Has development ceased or was it just moved somewhere else? The driver does not even compile with the latest kernel anymore as of API changes.
regards

Peter

[1] http://jusst.de/hg/saa716x/
Preisknaller: WEB.DE DSL Flatrate f?r nur 16,99 Euro/mtl.!
http://produkte.web.de/go/02/

2009-12-04 07:06:34

by Manu Abraham

Subject: Re: Is saa716x abandoned?

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 4:33 AM, Peter Paul <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello,
> I was wondering about the future of the saa716x [1] driver that handles DVB hardware that uses either the saa7160, saa7161, saa1762 or saa1763 chip.
> Has development ceased or was it just moved somewhere else? The driver does not even compile with the latest kernel anymore as of API changes.

I didn't have really much free time the past 2 - 3 months. Development
became slow and still using the same kernel version for development:
2.6.25. The tree had been a minimal tree to have a minimal tree for
ease of handling during the development process (minimal download
time), will be migrating to the standard build this week.

Regards,
Manu