2007-01-07 06:45:15

by Phillip Lougher

Subject: [announce] Squashfs 3.2 released

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the release of Squashfs 3.2. NFS exporting
is now supported, and the kernel code has been hardened against
accidently or maliciously corrupted filesystems. The new release
correctly handles all corrupted filesystems generated by the fsfuzzer
tool (written by LMH/Steve Grubb) without oopsing the kernel. This
in particular fixes the MOKB (Month of Kernel Bugs) report raised
against Squashfs.

Squashfs can be dowloaded from http://squashfs.sourceforge.net. The
full list of changes are:

Improvements:

1. Squashfs filesystems can now be exported via NFS.
2. Unsquashfs now supports 2.x filesystems.
3. Mksquashfs now displays a progress bar.
4. Squashfs kernel code has been hardened against accidently or
maliciously corrupted Squashfs filesystems.

Bug fixes:

5. Race condition occurring on S390 in readpage() fixed.
6. Odd behaviour of MIPS memcpy in read_data() routine worked-
around.
7. Missing cache_flush in Squashfs symlink_readpage() added.

Phillip

2007-01-07 13:17:42

by Arkadiusz Patyk

Subject: Re: [announce] Squashfs 3.2 released

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 05:33:53 +0000, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm pleased to announce the release of Squashfs 3.2.

What about lzma and squashfs ?

Arkadiusz Patyk [areq<>pld-linux:org] [http://rescuecd.pld-linux.org/]
[IRC:areq skype:arekpatyk GG:1383 jid:arek<>patyk:net]

2007-01-07 14:30:35

by Atsushi Nemoto

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 05:33:53 +0000, Phillip Lougher <[email protected]> wrote:
> 6. Odd behaviour of MIPS memcpy in read_data() routine worked-
> around.

It is for PREFETCH issue reported on this mail, right?
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=37687166

MIPS memcpy is no longer abuse PREFETCH. The "fix" was done on Oct
2005. So if the "workaround" had any bad side effects, it can be
reverted.

---
Atsushi Nemoto

2007-01-07 14:50:09

by Andrey Borzenkov

Arkadiusz Patyk wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 05:33:53 +0000, you wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm pleased to announce the release of Squashfs 3.2.
>
> What about lzma and squashfs ?

I have patches for 3.0, 3.1 and (not yet finished) 3.2. As far as I can
tell:

src/squashfs3.2/squashfs-tools/lzma/README:
=======
This directory contains some source files from the
7z archive utility. (http://www.7-zip.org)

All the files in this directory was originally released
with the LGPL license.
=======

Now "originally released" is somewhat interesting form of expression, but I
do not think you can change license post factum.

The patches are for "personal use" but I am happy to work together to make
them ready for inclusion.

-andrey

2007-01-07 15:55:24

by Arkadiusz Patyk

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 17:39:04 +0300, you wrote:

>Arkadiusz Patyk wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 05:33:53 +0000, you wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I'm pleased to announce the release of Squashfs 3.2.
>>
>> What about lzma and squashfs ?
>>

>I have patches for 3.0, 3.1 and (not yet finished) 3.2. As far as I can
>tell:

Nice ;)
Where can I found it?