2000-07-29 00:37:08

by Mike Castle

Subject: Re: RLIM_INFINITY inconsistency between archs

On Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 04:22:25PM +0800, Andrey Savochkin wrote:
> I've been using exactly this layout for years.
> Moreover, sometimes I keep a lot of kernels of the same version with some
> differences in the code, so I give the directories self-speaking names (not
> just $(uname -r)) and never have chances to use wrong modules or System.map.

I've been thinking about this for a while now. I'd love to be able to
build and distribute from a single point a variety of kernels/modules and
have things installed into various locations. Ie, I'd like to enhance the
KERNELRELEASE stuff to also include something like LOCALINFO.

I can't use EXTRAVERSION because it's often in use (ie, pre17).

mrc
--
Mike Castle Life is like a clock: You can work constantly
[email protected] and be right all the time, or not work at all