2000-10-31 12:49:26

by John R Lenton

Subject: oopsen in 2.4.0-pre9

Several oops come up when using a lot of memory (using
imagemagick on PIA00001.tif from photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/tiff,
on a 64MB machine, for example)

The weird thing is the oops happen *after* I've finished with
imagemagick (or the gimp, or ...). In this particular situation
netscape suddenly died, together with wmtime, and then the whole
of X hung. I entered via the network, to find that xfs had died
(explaining X's hanging), and as soon as I restarted X the whole
box was gone. It still responded to pings, but even the active
ssh session was dead and I couldn't get a new one.

Please email me if you need anything else (other than the
attached ksymoops output, that is).

--
John Lenton ([email protected]) -- Random fortune:
1 + 1 = 3, for large values of 1.

Attachments:
(No filename) (773.00 B)
oopsen.txt.gz (2.09 kB)