2000-11-30 10:39:30

by Georg Acher

Subject: [patch] usb-uhci.c: fix for PCI-lockups/IRQ problems

Hi,
test12-pre3 had a large set of patches to usb-uhci.c. One small detail of
this patch can make the driver to lockup the PCI bus with certain UHCI-chips
(only Intel but not VIA, of course not on my machines...). This patch should
fix that.
It also includes Linus' patch for the IRQ-setup.
--
Georg Acher, [email protected]
http://www.in.tum.de/~acher/

usb-uhci.patch (1.39 kB)

2000-12-12 11:27:43

by Bill Maidment

Subject: linux-2.4.0-test12 problem with init

Hi

I reported a problem with using 'init 1' with 2.4.0-test12-pre8 and was
told it wasn't a kernel problem. I beg to differ, as it still happens
with 2.4.0-test12 but not with 2.4.0-test12-pre7. What changed between
pre7 and pre8 to make 'init 1' behave like 'init 5'? 'init 3' works
correctly. The only change I've made is to build the new kernel.

The screen messages say it is going into single user mode, but it just
doesn't.

Have I missed something that should be changed in the configuration?

Bill Maidment
Computer Systems Consultant

Maidment Enterprises Pty Ltd
42 Woy Woy Bay Road
Woy Woy Bay NSW 2256

Home Phone 02 4342 6716
Work Phone 02 9927 3234
Mobile 0418 682 993
Home Email [email protected]
Work Email [email protected]
Web Page http://www.maidment.com.au

by Mike Galbraith

Subject: Re: linux-2.4.0-test12 problem with init

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Bill Maidment wrote:

> Hi
>
> I reported a problem with using 'init 1' with 2.4.0-test12-pre8 and was
> told it wasn't a kernel problem. I beg to differ, as it still happens
> with 2.4.0-test12 but not with 2.4.0-test12-pre7. What changed between
> pre7 and pre8 to make 'init 1' behave like 'init 5'? 'init 3' works
> correctly. The only change I've made is to build the new kernel.
>
> The screen messages say it is going into single user mode, but it just
> doesn't.

Ding. Plz send me ps lawx output at failure time via private mail.

-Mike