2000-12-11 19:23:03

by Tom Murphy

Subject: 2.4.0-test12-pre7 shutdowns and eepro100 woes

Hello all,

test12-pre7 seems to randomly just power off my machine.
CONFIG_APM=y and CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF=y as well. Could this
be what is
making it power off the machine randomly? Has it been fixed in pre8?

I wasn't doing much on the machine at the time.. it just happens
sporadically.

Also, regarding the eepro100 driver, are there any plans to fix
support for the following chipset (given by lspci):

02:08.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82820 820 (Camino 2)
Chipset Ethernet (rev 01)

I have one of these at work and I will get the following messages:

Dec 11 10:46:13 morpheus kernel: eepro100: cmd_wait for(0xffffff80)
+timedout with(0xffffff80)!
Dec 11 10:46:20 morpheus last message repeated 6 times

(using eepro100 from 2.2.18pre27.. I guess it's not 2.2.18 proper)

Thanks in advance,

Tom

ps. please reply to my e-mail address. Thanks!

http://shopping.yahoo.com/

2000-12-12 06:59:35

by Andrey Savochkin

Subject: Re: 2.4.0-test12-pre7 shutdowns and eepro100 woes

Hello,

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 10:52:19AM -0800, Tom Murphy wrote:
> Also, regarding the eepro100 driver, are there any plans to fix
> support for the following chipset (given by lspci):

[snip]
> I have one of these at work and I will get the following messages:
>
> Dec 11 10:46:13 morpheus kernel: eepro100: cmd_wait for(0xffffff80)
> +timedout with(0xffffff80)!
> Dec 11 10:46:20 morpheus last message repeated 6 times
>
> (using eepro100 from 2.2.18pre27.. I guess it's not 2.2.18 proper)

Last time you asked the similar question, my answer to you bounced.

This debug output was submitted by Dragan Stancevic <[email protected]>.
The current timeout values are high enough to try to increase them more.
The question I'm interested in is how command 0x80 appeared in the command
register...

To answer your question in short, yet, we hope to fix the problem sooner or
later.

Regards
Andrey V.
Savochkin