2000-12-13 13:14:37

by Vladimir Parkhomenko

Subject: PROBLEM: SCSI SYM53C896 driver, kernel 2.2.17

Good day.

Please help me.
Or tell me about how and where can I get consultation for the problem.
I have small problem with my SCSI driver SYM53C896 on Linux system - kernel
2.2.17.
When I copy huge file (about 1Gb, but < 1.5Gb) from one disk drive to other
is error occured. Perfomance SYM53C896 is very slowly (from 20Mb/s to
4Mb/s), but the connect is being. The system log message and '/proc'
information is attache to this mail.

sorry for my english.

with best regards
Vladimir Parkhomenko
13.12.y2

Attachments:
scsi.err (1.26 kB)
version (150.00 B)
filesystems (80.00 B)
interrupts (465.00 B)
ioports (420.00 B)
meminfo (320.00 B)
modules (142.00 B)
mounts (372.00 B)
partitions (592.00 B)
stat (752.00 B)
swaps (93.00 B)
cpuinfo (396.00 B)
0 (221.00 B)
1 (221.00 B)

by Edouard Soriano

Subject: Re: PROBLEM: SCSI SYM53C896 driver, kernel 2.2.17

Hello:

I just got working an ASUS Dual Pentium Motherboard with a dual channel
SCSI controller managed
by this driver.

Additional information required:

a) kind of SCSI interfce used: SCSI-II, SCSI-III (LVD) ?
b) Make sure you do not have hardware troubles like having a 80MBs drive
on the same
channel as a 40 Mbs.
c) sym53c896 driver version ? When using SCSI-III LVD with 80MBs or
higher I recommend to use 1.6b

Wait for that information

Cpaciba

Le 12/13/00, ? 1:41:08 PM h, "Vladimir Parkhomenko"
<[email protected]> vous a ?crit sur le sujet suivant PROBLEM:
SCSI SYM53C896 driver, kernel 2.2.17: