2000-12-18 22:04:43

by Heitzso

Subject: usb broken in 2.4.0 test 12 versus 2.2.18

I have a Canon usb camera that I access via a
recent copy of the s10sh program (with -u option).

Getting to the camera via s10sh -u worked through
large sections of 2.4.0 test X but broke recently.
I cannot say for certain which test/patch the
break occurred in.

Running 2.4.0 test12 malloc errors appear.
Everything is fine with 2.2.18. I haven't tried
the test13 series of patches.

key .config options:
CONFIG_USB on
DEVICEFS on
HOTPLUG on
UHCI on
everything else off (i.e. printers, keyboards,
mice, etc.).

Baseline system is RH6.2 with most patches applied
(so avoiding RH7 compiler problems). Basic dev
environment is same (i.e. compiling the two kernels
on the same box).

If someone wants to email me a debug sequence or
ask more specific questions feel free.

[email protected]
Heitzso

2000-12-18 22:11:54

by Johannes Erdfelt

Subject: Re: usb broken in 2.4.0 test 12 versus 2.2.18

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000, Heitzso <[email protected]> wrote:
> I have a Canon usb camera that I access via a
> recent copy of the s10sh program (with -u option).
>
> Getting to the camera via s10sh -u worked through
> large sections of 2.4.0 test X but broke recently.
> I cannot say for certain which test/patch the
> break occurred in.
>
> Running 2.4.0 test12 malloc errors appear.
> Everything is fine with 2.2.18. I haven't tried
> the test13 series of patches.
>
> key .config options:
> CONFIG_USB on
> DEVICEFS on
> HOTPLUG on
> UHCI on
> everything else off (i.e. printers, keyboards,
> mice, etc.).
>
> Baseline system is RH6.2 with most patches applied
> (so avoiding RH7 compiler problems). Basic dev
> environment is same (i.e. compiling the two kernels
> on the same box).
>
> If someone wants to email me a debug sequence or
> ask more specific questions feel free.

Could you give us the exact error message you saw?

JE

2000-12-18 22:31:38

by bert hubert

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 04:33:26PM -0500, Heitzso wrote:
> I have a Canon usb camera that I access via a
> recent copy of the s10sh program (with -u option).
>
> Getting to the camera via s10sh -u worked through
> large sections of 2.4.0 test X but broke recently.
> I cannot say for certain which test/patch the
> break occurred in.

It works for me (s100), at least on my laptop. I do note that it gives
timeouts if the computer is busy otherwise.

gphoto2 isn't able to retrieve images using recent 2.4.0testX kernels, I
haven't tried earlier kernels yet. It is able to list filenames though.

Regards,

bert hubert

--
PowerDNS Versatile DNS Services