2000-12-21 15:49:51

by Erik Tews

Subject: Limiting disk-io

Hi

I am going to create a shell-server for a networking-meeting with
cd-writer. Usually, this is not a problem, but I would like to know if
there are any kernel-patches which can limit the io-bandwidth for a user
to the harddisk so that a user which is using the cd-writer has at least
x kb/s.

Renicing the cdrecord-process is only a little bit helpful. It is still
possible to interrupt a cdrecord which is running with priority -20 with
3 or 4 processes which are running with priority 20. So if some users
are starting mkisofs at the same time, then cdrecord will be
interrupted.

Or does anybody know a good userspace-solution?