2001-02-06 05:14:13

by John R Lenton

Subject: Oops on module onload

Hi all.

I'm getting oopsen on unloading the USB modules; when I run
ksymoops over the oops it decodes into any-vegetable-module (I
assume because the ksyms are no longer the same). In what way
could I obtain a meaningul decoded oops?

--
John Lenton ([email protected]) -- Random fortune:
<apt> it has been said that redhat is the thing Marc Ewing wears on

2001-02-06 06:51:02

by Keith Owens

Subject: Re: Oops on module onload

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001 02:14:21 -0300,
John R Lenton <[email protected]> wrote:
>I'm getting oopsen on unloading the USB modules; when I run
>ksymoops over the oops it decodes into any-vegetable-module (I
>assume because the ksyms are no longer the same). In what way
>could I obtain a meaningul decoded oops?

man insmod, find ksymoops assistance.

2001-02-06 08:26:15

by John R Lenton

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 05:50:30PM +1100, Keith Owens wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Feb 2001 02:14:21 -0300,
> John R Lenton <[email protected]> wrote:
> >I'm getting oopsen on unloading the USB modules; when I run
> >ksymoops over the oops it decodes into any-vegetable-module (I
> >assume because the ksyms are no longer the same). In what way
> >could I obtain a meaningul decoded oops?
>
> man insmod, find ksymoops assistance.

doh!

--
John Lenton ([email protected]) -- Random fortune:
El trabajo endulza siempre la vida, pero los dulces no le gustan a todo el mundo.