2001-02-16 13:41:46

by bvermeul

Subject: [2.4.2-pre3] Slow XFree 4.0.2 with DRI/DRM enabled

Hi,

I'm having some problems with XFree86 4.0.2 and DRI/DRM in 2.4.2-pre3.
I'm using a Dell Inspiron 8000 with a ATI Rage Mobility M4 32 MB,
and can get it running with DRI under 2.4.0-ac10. When using 2.4.2-pre3, I
can see each individual widget being built when I enable DRI.

output lspci -v:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device
4d46 (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 00a4
Flags: bus master, VGA palette snoop, stepping, 66Mhz, medium
devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
Memory at e8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
I/O ports at cc00 [size=256]
Memory at fcffc000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=128K]
Capabilities: [50] AGP version 2.0
Capabilities: [5c] Power Management version 2

Busmastering was enabled with setpci. To use DRI, bus master has to be
enabled.

DRI with 2.4.0-ac10 works like a charm (nice performance), but 2.4.2-pre3
lets me view each widget part being built when I enable DRI.

Anyone got any ideas? I've tried using 2.4.0-ac10's agpgart drivers, but
that doesn't help either. .config is available on request.

Regards,

Bas Vermeulen

--
"God, root, what is difference?"
-- Pitr, User Friendly

"God is more forgiving."
-- Dave Aronson

2001-02-16 13:54:30

by Vineet Mehta

Subject: How to determine Network Utilization

I m a beginner so please dont mind..
How do we calculate the network utilization of a particular ethernet LAN
segment?
Whata are the issues involved?

TIA
Vineet

2001-02-16 13:59:52

by Gregory Maxwell

Subject: Re: How to determine Network Utilization

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 07:24:21PM +0530, Vineet Mehta wrote:
> I m a beginner so please dont mind..
> How do we calculate the network utilization of a particular ethernet LAN
> segment?
> Whata are the issues involved?

You start by asking in the right place.

Then, considering your mail user agent, you pay lots of money to a vendor
who will sell you some flakey app that will tell you what you think you want
to know, but insted will have internal problems and really be reporting
false information.

However, your boss with be satisfied with the false information.
:)