2001-02-24 01:38:55

by Mich?l Alexandre Salim

Subject: 2.42 broke PCMCIA IDE

Hello,

Just installed a custom Debian system using kernel
2.4.1 + ReiserFS (root running reiserfs) and it works
just fine. Since kernel 2.4.2 has been released, when
recompiling a new kernel (the 2.4.1 I used has been
trimmed to fit my modified boot disks) I used that
instead, after hearing about the multimode and
reiserfs bugs.

Kernel boots, and... pcmcia-cs starts with a high and
low beep. Card detected as a 5V using cardctl status,
but silly me, forgot to note the reading given by
cardctl ident.

Running Debian woody, 02/18 snapshot, using gcc
2.95.3. Hardware is the Sony Picturebook C1VE (Crusoe)

Any idea?

Cheers,

Michel

by Arjan van de Ven

Subject: Re: 2.42 broke PCMCIA IDE

In article <[email protected]> you wrote:

> Kernel boots, and... pcmcia-cs starts with a high and
> low beep. Card detected as a 5V using cardctl status,
> but silly me, forgot to note the reading given by
> cardctl ident.

Make sure your /etc/pcmcia scripts list the driver as "ide-cs" not "ide_cs".
The module is called like that for a while now, and you might have had an
old symlink lying around from 2.4.1

Greetings,
Arjan van de Ven