2001-02-24 17:39:25

by Mark Bratcher

Subject: Loop device hang

Hi,

Has the loop device hang problem that was in kernel 2.4.0 been fixed in
2.4.1 or 2.4.2?

Thanks.

--
Mark Bratcher
Escape from Microsoft's proprietary tentacles: use Linux!

Subject: Re: Loop device hang

On Saturday, 24 February 2001, at 12:38:57 -0500,
Mark Bratcher wrote:

> Has the loop device hang problem that was in kernel 2.4.0 been fixed in
> 2.4.1 or 2.4.2?

Tried on 2.4.1 and 2.4.2 with different results: on 2.4.1 I've had no
problem mounting loop devices, but creating filesystems on them "hangs" the
machine (networking seems to be up for example, but remote login via ssh
doesn't work). Under 2.4.2 I've been unable to use loopback devices, but
AFAIK this is a known issue in this release.

--
Jos? Luis Domingo L?pez
Linux Registered User #189436 Debian GNU/Linux Potato (P166 64 MB RAM)

jdomingo AT internautas DOT org => Spam at your own risk

2001-02-24 20:55:44

by Alan

> Has the loop device hang problem that was in kernel 2.4.0 been fixed in
> 2.4.1 or 2.4.2?

2.4.2 + loop-6 patch or 2.4.2-ac