2001-03-02 23:43:13

by John R Lenton

Subject: IMS Twin Turbo 128 framebuffer

Is there any particular reason why imsttfb isn't available in the
i386 arch?

It doesn't work in X either in spite of being "supported", but
that's not for this list.

--
John Lenton ([email protected]) -- Random fortune:
Le donne hanno 4 labbra: due per dire delle stupidaggini, due per farsi

2001-03-03 16:03:50

by Bruce Harada

Subject: Re: IMS Twin Turbo 128 framebuffer

On Fri, 2 Mar 2001 20:32:31 -0300
John R Lenton <[email protected]> wrote:
> Is there any particular reason why imsttfb isn't available in the
> i386 arch?

I believe it's because the Twin Turbo was introduced into the kernel via
the PPC kernel port - was there actually a TT board for PCs? I'm not
talking about bus (the TTs were all PCI, IIRC), but rather the firmware on
the board - does it work on x86? If not, can it be flashed? If it can't,
you're out of luck.

--
Bruce Harada

by James Simmons

>Is there any particular reason why imsttfb isn't available in the
>i386 arch?
>
>It doesn't work in X either in spite of being "supported", but
>that's not for this list.

I had this card while working at suse and I did try to get it to work on
ix86. The problem is the card is initialzed by its firmware which is forth
since this is a Apple card. As for getting the detail specs to get it to
work on ix86 (making it firmware independent) good luck. You will have to
suck the info from the deeps pits of apple.

MS: (n) 1. A debilitating and surprisingly widespread affliction that
renders the sufferer barely able to perform the simplest task. 2. A disease.

James Simmons [[email protected]] ____/|
fbdev/console/gfx developer \ o.O|
http://www.linux-fbdev.org =(_)=
http://linuxgfx.sourceforge.net U